The BUE Public Relations & Communications department exists to maintain and enhance the reputation of the university and to highlight its prominence in the fields of undergraduate education, research & community services. It does this through a wide range of channels and adopts different approaches.
”Public Relations is about reputation – the result of what you do, what you say and what others say about you”
Responsibilities of the Public Relations and Communications Department:
- Work collaboratively with the other departments to understand and promote their respective events and programs, informing the media about interesting events related to students, faculties, staff and alumni
- Improving internal communications on campus with students
- Manage the website; Update the news on the BUE website
- Maintain Relationships with key media sources ensuring goals are being met. Cultivate relationships with media to build better understanding & support for the British University
- Assists with distribution of press materials to the media in both English and Arabic
- Tracks and maintains media coverage, updates media database and additional contact lists and helps qualify and fulfill media requests.
- Daily News Paper screening, internet searching
- Sustaining open & productive relations with the media to ensure positive media coverage
- Handling alumni activities