The British University in Egypt and the Suez University represented in the Faculty of Energy & Environmental Engineering and Mining have signed a MOU on Monday 25th of January 2021, with the attendance of Mrs Farida Khamis the BUE Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Professor Ahmed Hamad, the President of the British University in Egypt, Professor Sayed El Sharkawy President of the Suez University, Professor Attia Attia Dean of the Faculty of Energy & Environmental Engineering at the BUE and Professor Abeer Mahmoud Shoaib Dean of the Faculty of Petroleum Engineering at Suez University.
In the light of mutual meetings, contacts and discussions between the representatives of both faculties, it was agreed between the two sides to cooperate through:
- Conducting practical researches jointly between the two faculties.
- Student summer exchange programmes in both Universities.
- Joint conferences between the two faculties.
- Professors exchange to teach certain modules, supervising postgraduate studies dissertations and Doctorate degree and external examiners.
- Launching mutual faculties between the two Universities.
- Providing laboratory capabilities for all the students, Teaching Assistants, Doctors and Professors from both faculties.
The British University in Egypt along with the Suez University believe in the primary role of the Education process and the tasks it carries out related to University Education and Scientific research for the sake of serving the society and the scientific advancement, to provide the country with specialists, technicians and experts in various fields of mining, petroleum and minerals, where the two parties are keen to conclude agreements with Faculties in the same field to exchange experiences, education and research to serve the community.
From her side, Mrs Khamis the Chairman of the Board of Trustees at the BUE Stated that the British University in Egypt is ready to support all the initiatives that are taken to support the field of science and education due to her strong belief in the role of institutions in adhering to the obligations towards the field of education.