Programmes of Postgraduate Studies, 019 / 020
The postgraduate program aims to be an active hub in new areas in scientific research and its technological applications and to participate in the development of the Egyptian community and the Mena region.
يهدف برنامج الدراسات العليا بكلية الهندسة الى ان يكون محورا فاعال فى مجاالت حديثة للبحث العلمى وتطبيقاتها التكنولوجية ومشاركا فى تنمية المجتمع المصرى والشرق االوسط و افريقيا
The post graduate program offers a package of multidisciplinary programs that focus on modern research areas in materials technology, renewable energy and sustainable design.
يقدم برنامج الدراسات العليا بكلية الهندسة حزمة من البرامج التى تتميز بتعدد التخصصات والتركيز على المجاالت البحثية الحديثة فى تكنولوجيا المواد والطاقة المتجددة والتصميم المستدام
Renewable Energy Program Objectives:
The programme of Renewable Energy aims to develop a thorough knowledge of the viable renewable energy technologies, with special reference to the generation of electricity in Egypt through the following:
- Provides a firm technical background in the key renewable energy fields and creates a context for energy production and use.
- Provides experience in evaluating broader energy issues, in particular related to environmental impacts of energy use.
- Enables students to specialize in a particular technology or implementation aspect.
- Enables students to undertake a project related to the specialization in industry, a research laboratory or at the university and during which the student can gain practical or research experience.
Advanced Materials Program Objectives:
The programme of engineering materials aims at:
- To equip engineering graduates from different backgrounds with a thorough working knowledge on materials science and engineering and its technologies,to give special attention to the new materials for structural and energy applications including renewable energy materials needs.
- To produce graduates who will be able to: analyze, develop and design materials for conventional and advanced contemporary application.
- To conduct research and development activities in the field of materials science and engineering.
Sustainable Engineering Design & Construction Program Objectives:
- To provide students with a systematic understanding of the knowledge-base of Sustainable Design;
- To transfer students and practicing engineers into sustainable oriented designers and practitioners;
- To provide a wider notion of sustainable design beyond green ideals;
- To integrate architectural and/or structural sustainable concepts underpinning the design of future smart sustainable cities;
- To develop expertise and abilities to engage students in research and highly professional activities;
- To provide a programme which meets the educational requirements of all the appropriate professional institutions, both national and international.