With five specialization areas, the Faculty of Engineering at the British University in Egypt is among the fastest…
About the Faculty
With five specialization areas, the Faculty of Engineering at the British University in Egypt is among the fastest growing and best equipped in the country. Our fast emerging reputation of excellence allows us to recruit and retain outstanding undergraduate students.
The Faculty’s exceptional student experience is driven by low student-to-professor ratios, strong ties to industry, strong commitment to teaching and exposure to current and relevant curricula.
How do I know if Engineering is for me?
- Are you interested in an exciting and challenging career where every project is a new adventure?
- Are you seeking a profession that is at the forefront of creative ideas and innovations?
- Do you care about the environment and do you want to play an active part in its preservation?
- Do you adopt a logical, scientific and organized approach in solving complex problems?
- Do you enjoy mental challenges, like puzzles?
- Do you take pleasure in seeing a creative idea realized into something tangible which is both functional and useful?
If your answer to most of the above questions is YES, then Engineering is for you.
Why study Engineering at BUE?
- Enjoy a dynamic and inspirational learning environment modelled on the UK approach.
- You will get curricula which will cater to both theoretical and practical aspects of your chosen discipline.
- Benefit from the experience of full-time academic staff, all of whom are well accomplished internationally.
- Gain exposure through BUE’s close partnerships with industry, local and international universities.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to work in industrially sponsored academic laboratories (British Gas, British Petroleum & Shell)
- Profit from the on-campus presence of Halliburton training centre which allows possible networking opportunities.
- Have your own personal advisor.
- Gain access to well equipped laboratories, library and state of the art facilities.
- Strengthen your English language skills by choosing to enroll in the English Foundation Programme.
- Enroll in a wide range of engineering specialisations including; Architectural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering (Electronics and Communications – Computer Systems Engineering) and Mechanical Engineering (Automotive and Aeronautics – Design and Production – Materials – – Mechatronics – Power and Energy ).
BUE Engineering graduates will enjoy the following advantages:
- An engineering degree accredited by the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education.
- An engineering degree validated by our UK validating partners.
- Excellent job prospects in Egypt and abroad.
- The opportunity to pursue postgraduate studies locally or abroad.
- Technical competency and professional skills that will meet the demands of the 21st century job market.
Engineering future career opportunities
Engineering degrees can lead to a vast number of career opportunities, with graduates placed in almost every sector of the economy. The following are just a small sample of what you could be doing in the future:
- Architectural Engineering: leads to careers in architectural design, urban planning and project management.
- Chemical Engineering: leads to careers in pharmaceutical industries, chemical industries, and petrochemical industries.
- Civil Engineering: leads to careers in structural engineering, environmental engineering, construction management, bridge design and construction, roadway and airport design and construction, irrigation works and structures.
- The Construction Engineering and Management (CEM) has a focus on the delivery of projects that compose the worlds’ built environment. As construction managers, our graduates plan, schedule, budget, execute and control construction projects of various types and size. They will be capable for managing projects effectively and efficiently in major classification of construction. This would include commercial, residential and infrastructure, as well as the associated specialties differ markedly from one another.
- Electrical and Computer Engineering: leads to careers in electrical circuit design and manufacturing, communications technology and electronics, and Computer Systems Engineering.
- Mechanical, Mechatronics and Robotics Engineering: leads to careers in mechanical engineering in the broad sense with specific focus areas in; Automotive and Aeronautics Engineering, Design and Manufacturing, Power and Energy Engineering, Material Engineering, Mechatronics and Robotics Engineering.
Degrees & Academic Programmes
Preparatory Year Programme
Honours Degree Programmes offered in:
- Architectural Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Engineering and Management
- Electrical and Communications Engineering
- Computer Systems Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics and Robotics Engineering
Faculty Strategic Plan
The strategic plan commits the FoE to continuing the achievement of BUE’s aims, enhancing its planned institutionalization. It identifies a number of key strategic areas and objectives and sets strategic and enabling targets that will ensure the continued success and further development of the Faculty.