With five specialization areas, the Faculty of Engineering at the British University in Egypt is among the fastest…
About the Faculty
With five specialization areas, the Faculty of Engineering at the British University in Egypt is among the fastest growing and best equipped in the country. Our fast emerging reputation of excellence allows us to recruit and retain outstanding undergraduate students.
The Faculty’s exceptional student experience is driven by low student-to-professor ratios, strong ties to industry, strong commitment to teaching and exposure to current and relevant curricula.
How do I know if Engineering is for me?
- Are you interested in an exciting and challenging career where every project is a new adventure?
- Are you seeking a profession that is at the forefront of creative ideas and innovations?
- Do you care about the environment and do you want to play an active part in its preservation?
- Do you adopt a logical, scientific and organized approach in solving complex problems?
- Do you enjoy mental challenges, like puzzles?
- Do you take pleasure in seeing a creative idea realized into something tangible which is both functional and useful?
If your answer to most of the above questions is YES, then Engineering is for you.
Why study Engineering at BUE?
- Enjoy a dynamic and inspirational learning environment modelled on the UK approach.
- You will get curricula which will cater to both theoretical and practical aspects of your chosen discipline.
- Benefit from the experience of full-time academic staff, all of whom are well accomplished internationally.
- Gain exposure through BUE’s close partnerships with industry, local and international universities.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to work in industrially sponsored academic laboratories (British Gas, British Petroleum & Shell)
- Profit from the on-campus presence of Halliburton training centre which allows possible networking opportunities.
- Have your own personal advisor.
- Gain access to well equipped laboratories, library and state of the art facilities.
- Strengthen your English language skills by choosing to enroll in the English Foundation Programme.
- Enroll in a wide range of engineering specialisations including; Architectural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering (Electronics and Communications – Computer Systems Engineering) and Mechanical Engineering (Automotive and Aeronautics – Design and Production – Materials – – Mechatronics – Power and Energy ).
BUE Engineering graduates will enjoy the following advantages:
- An engineering degree accredited by the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education.
- An engineering degree validated by our UK validating partners.
- Excellent job prospects in Egypt and abroad.
- The opportunity to pursue postgraduate studies locally or abroad.
- Technical competency and professional skills that will meet the demands of the 21st century job market.
Engineering future career opportunities
Engineering degrees can lead to a vast number of career opportunities, with graduates placed in almost every sector of the economy. The following are just a small sample of what you could be doing in the future:
- Architectural Engineering: leads to careers in architectural design, urban planning and project management.
- Chemical Engineering: leads to careers in pharmaceutical industries, chemical industries, and petrochemical industries.
- Civil Engineering: leads to careers in structural engineering, environmental engineering, construction management, bridge design and construction, roadway and airport design and construction, irrigation works and structures.
- The Construction Engineering and Management (CEM) has a focus on the delivery of projects that compose the worlds’ built environment. As construction managers, our graduates plan, schedule, budget, execute and control construction projects of various types and size. They will be capable for managing projects effectively and efficiently in major classification of construction. This would include commercial, residential and infrastructure, as well as the associated specialties differ markedly from one another.
- Electrical and Computer Engineering: leads to careers in electrical circuit design and manufacturing, communications technology and electronics, and Computer Systems Engineering.
- Mechanical, Mechatronics and Robotics Engineering: leads to careers in mechanical engineering in the broad sense with specific focus areas in; Automotive and Aeronautics Engineering, Design and Manufacturing, Power and Energy Engineering, Material Engineering, Mechatronics and Robotics Engineering.
Degrees & Academic Programmes
Preparatory Year Programme
Honours Degree Programmes offered in:
- Architectural Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Engineering and Management
- Electrical and Communications Engineering
- Computer Systems Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics and Robotics Engineering
Faculty Strategic Plan
The strategic plan commits the FoE to continuing the achievement of BUE’s aims, enhancing its planned institutionalization. It identifies a number of key strategic areas and objectives and sets strategic and enabling targets that will ensure the continued success and further development of the Faculty.
Prof. Maguid Hassan
The Faculty of Engineering at BUE was established in September 2005. The BUE has identified the delivery of high quality degree programmes, according to the British education ethos, as one of its main objectives from the day of its inception. Over the past ten years the BUE has established and embedded a comprehensive structure of quality assurance procedures and systems. Validation by UK partner universities was selected as the tool of ensuring such quality, based on QAA norms and standards. Validation by UK partners allows students, who qualify, to be awarded a British degree, in addition to the Egyptian accredited degree. The Faculty of Engineering at BUE offers a range of unique experiences to its students. Starting by the British higher education ethos summarized in self-learning and research based learning. Moving to the industrial internships that are graduation requirements and which allow students the opportunity to engage in real life projects during their studies at the BUE. Ending by the wide range of skill sets that are planned into the relevant engineering programmes offered by the Faculty.Education is a lifelong endeavor. Make it your adventure.
Professor Maguid Hassan
Dean of Engineering
The unit seeks to improve the performance of the Quality Assurance Unit and participate strongly in enhancing the academic and research performance of the Faculty of Engineering to be a distinct educational and research edifice in the MENA region by applying the quality systems of higher education institutions in the fields of education, research and community service.
تسعى الوحدة للإرتقاء بأداء وحدة ضمان الجودة والمشاركة بقوة في تعزيز الأداء الأكاديمي والبحثي لكلية الهندسة لكى تكون صرحا متميزا تعليمي وبحثي في منطقة الشرق الأوسط وشمال إفريقيا وذلك بتطبيق نظم جودة مؤسسات التعليم العالى في المجالات التعليمية والبحثية وخدمة المجتمع
The Quality Assurance Unit at the Faculty of Engineering seeks to spread and deepen the thinking and culture of quality through the implementation and activation of standard activities of higher education quality and work to develop and continuously improve the educational process, research and service in line with the vision and mission of the faculty to win the trust of the community.
تسعى وحدة ضمان الجودة بكلية الهندسة بالجامعة البريطانية فى مصر الى نشر وتعميق فكر وثقافة جودة التعليم الجامعى من خلال تنفيذ وتفعيل أنشطة معايير جودة التعليم العالى والعمل على التطوير والتحسين المستمر للإرتقاء بالعملية التعليمية والبحثية والخدمية بما يتفق مع رؤية ورسالة الكلية لكسب ثقة المجتمع
- Enable the faculty to achieve its mission, strategic goals and the mechanism to update.
- Extending and renewing accreditation from the National Authority for Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Education
- Working to improve and maintain the quality of the teaching, learning and scientific research activities in the faculty and to follow the continuous development of the departments
- Encourage and support all categories of the faculty to participate in the continuous development to achieve the goals of the faculty
- Increase awareness and spread the culture of quality among all faculty employees (faculty members and their assistants – the student, the administrative and technical staff
- Preparing, implementing and following up training programs regarding quality systems management to develop the capabilities and skills of faculty members and their assistants and the administrative apparatus
- Working to enhance and gain the confidence of the surrounding community in order to benefit from learning outcomes
- Design and generalize quality assurance models between different programs
- Design and prepare opinion poll models to determine mechanisms to address the college’s negatives and weaknesses to achieve the standards of the National Authority for Quality Assurance of Education. Establishing systems, standards and models used to evaluate the disease.
- Establishing measurement mechanisms, continuous performance evaluation, and follow-up to self-evaluation of the faculty’s ability and educational effectiveness with a view to identify the strength and weaknesses.
- Activation of student participation in applying quality standards and spreading the spirit of creativity among talented and distinguished students in student activities.
- تمكين الكلية من تحقيق رسالتها وأهدافها الاستراتيجية وآلية تحديثه
- تمديد وتجديد الاعتماد من الهيئة القومية لضمان جودة التعليم والاعتماد
- العمل على تحسين واستمرارية جودة أنشطة التعليم والتعلم والبحث العلمى بالكلية ومتابعة التطوير المستمر الداء الأقسام بالكلية
- تشجيع ودعم كافة فئات الكلية للمشاركة فى التطوير المستمر لتحقيق أهداف الكلية
- زيادة مستوى الوعى ونشر ثقافة الجودة بين جميع العاملين بالكلية (أعضاء هيئة التدريس ومعاونيهم ـ الطالب – الجهاز الادارى والفنى)
- إعداد وتنفيذ ومتابعة البرامج التدريبية فيما يتعلق بإدارة نظم الجودة لتنمية قدرات ومهارات أعضاء هيئة التدريس ومعاونيهم والجهاز الادارى
- العمل على تعزيز وكسب ثقة المجتمع المحيط للإستفادة من مخرجات التعلم
- تعميم وتوحيد نماذج ضمان الجودة بين البرامج المختلفة
- تصميم وإعداد نماذج إستطلاعات الرأى لتحديد آليات لمعالجة السلبيات ونقاط الضعف بالكلية لتحقيق معايير الهيئة القومية لضمان جودة التعليم. وضع النظم والمعايير والنماذج المستخدمة لتقويم الداء
- وضع آليات القياس وتقويم الأداء المستمر ومتابعة التقويم الذاتى لقدرة الكلية وفاعليتها التعليمية بهدف تحديد مجالات القوة وتعزيزها، ومجالات الضعف ومعالجتها
- تفعيل المشاركة الطلابية فى تطبيق معايير الجودة وبث روح الابداع لدى الطلاب الموهوبين والمتميزين فى الانشطة الطلابية.
Summary of Self Study Report (SSSR 2017/2018)
Summary of Self Study Report (SSSR 2018/2019)
Frequently asked questions
In order to provide students with the necessary professional skills, the BUE has identified the need for industrial interaction for the students of today who would graduate to be the workforce of tomorrow.
- Internship fairs held at BUE.
- Industrial contacts established by academic staff at their degree program.
- Industrial liaison committee at the faculty of engineering
- Any other personal contacts.
BUE students shall be treated during their internship programmes as on the job trainees whereby specific tasks shall be assigned to them as appropriate to their level of knowledge as indicated in the training profile.