Petroleum Engineering and Gas Technology
Why Petroleum Engineering and Gas Technology?
Petroleum engineering is Science, Technology, Engineering, and mathematics. It could also be under Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources because you dig oil from the ground. To be a petroleum engineer is a choice you should take by your own, it exposes you to different conditions that could be harsh for you to live with. However, it allows you to interact with different cultures as you will be able to travel around the world searching for the oil & gas. Petroleum Engineers must be able to communicate because they have to write draft proposals, and writing reports and you have to work in a team of people. Moreover, petroleum engineers earn lots of money and gain a lot of experience. There are very few petroleum engineers left as more retire and not as many graduate. Big oil companies are looking for more of them so I think it would be a great career.
In National and International Oil & Gas Companies as:
• Reservoir Engineer • Natural Gas Processing Engineer
• Drilling Engineer • Petrochemical Engineer
• Production Engineer • Refinery Engineer
• Well-logging Engineer • Mud Engineer
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
- Research graduation projects published in national and
Case studies in currently running oil and gas fields
- Experts of oil and gas companies participate in students’
- The department offers field courses in operational oil and gas fields