The Faculty of Informatics and Computer Science at the British University in Egypt is an effective and modern Faculty offering a diverse range of specializations. The overall mission of the Faculty is to provide Egypt and the Middle East with the highest quality of British education, and to prepare graduates that feed and stimulate industry and commercial activities.
In 2017, the Faculty of Informatics and Computer is the first private Faculty that acquires the National Authority for Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Education (NAQAAE).
The program offers a broad understanding of Informatics and Computer Science and allows you to specialize in one of the following specific areas:
- Computer Science (CS): is based on logical thinking and programming. It has full coverage of computer science modules and skills.
- Software Engineering (SE): combines the science and technology of design, as well as the implementation and maintenance of software. Software engineering program prepares the students to apply a structured approach to the development of a software.
- Computer Networks (CN): is designed to give you knowledge of both wired and wireless technology to enable you to enter a career in this fast-paced industry.
- Information Systems (IS): covers key business modules, which enables the students to be fully aware of what is going on in the industry field. It gives the student a hand on how to model a business process and analyze it.
- Artificial Intelligent (AI): Understand and effectively apply main artificial intelligence and robotics knowledge, to solve different real life problems intelligently and efficiently.
Graduates earn two degrees awarded by both the British University in Egypt and London South Bank University (UK).