Dr. Sarah El-Khishin is an Assistant Professor of Economics at the British University in Egypt. Dr. El-Khishin’s experience is diversified in the fields of academic and policy research. She worked as an Adviser and Expert in the Egyptian Government as well as non-governmental research and policy advocacy institutions. She completed her Ph.D., Master’s, and Bachelor’s Degrees at the Faculty of Economics and Political Science, Cairo University. Her published academic works, policy, and technical expertise are in Public Finance, Fiscal Policy and Public Financial Management, Monetary Policy, Economic Development, and International political economy. Dr. El-Khishin is a Research Associate at Economic Research Forum (ERF), a member in the American Economic Association (AEA) and Middle East Economic Association (MEEA)
- DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY DEGREE IN ECONOMICS Faculty of Economics and Political Science, Cairo University.
Dissertation Title: An Economic Study of the Demographic Transition in Egypt and Policies to Utilize the Egyptian Demographic Dividend.
- MASTER’S DEGREE IN ARTS OF ECONOMICS – Faculty of Economics and Political Science, Cairo University, August 2010
Thesis Title: Evaluating the Impact of USAID Programme on Human Development in Egypt during the Period 1975-2007
- BACHELOR OF ARTS IN ECONOMICS, Faculty of Economics and Political Science, Cairo University, May 2003
Public Finance and Public Policy, Monetary and Fiscal Policy, Economic Development, and International political economy
- El-khishin, Sarah, 2020. “Countermeasures for the COVID-19 Outbreak in Egypt: This Time is Really Different”, ERF Policy Briefs, no.51.
- El-khishin, Sarah, and Dina Kassab. 2020. “Monetary-Fiscal Games under Political Uncertainty: The Role of Institutions.” Working Paper, Available at SSRN: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3655641
- El Khishin, Sarah and Mohamed Zaky, 2019. “The Trinity of Budget Institutions, Political Institutions and Fiscal Cyclicality: Evidence from Egypt”, ERF working papers, WP 1351.
- Zaky, Mohamed, and Sarah El-khishin, 2016. “Fiscal Governance in Egypt: Strengthening Budgetary Institutions to Counteract Political Fragmentation, International Journal of Economic Research, Vol. 13(7) December.
- Zaky, Mohamed, and Sarah El-khishin, 2016. “Fiscal Governance in Egypt: Strengthening Budgetary Institutions to Counteract Political Fragmentation”, ERF Working Papers, WP1027, 2016
- Nassar, H, Magued Osman and Sarah Elkhishin, 2017. “A Micro-Investigation of the reasons behind the slowdown of Demographic transition in Egypt: Will Egypt Witness a Demographic Window?”, International Journal of Economic Research, (IJER), Vol.14 March (2017).
- El-Khishin, Sarah, 2018. “Income Distribution, Fertility Behavior and Demographic Transition in Egypt”, International Journal of Management and Applied Science, ISSN: 2394-7926 Volume-4, Issue-4, Apr.-2018.
- El-Khishin, Sarah (2016). “Modifying the Path of Fertility Rates to Accelerate Egypt’s Entry in the Demographic Window (in Arabic), ERF Policy Briefs, 2016.
The policy brief won ERF Best Policy Brief Research Award.
- Osman, Magued, Heba Nassar and Sarah El-Khishin, 2014. “The Role of Polices in Speeding the Demographic Transition: A Case Study of Some East Asian Countries and Lessons Learnt”, Arab Economic Journal, Volume 65, pp 138-156, The Arab Society for Economic Research. Winter.
- El-khishin, Sarah and Dina Kassab, 2020. “Monetary-Fiscal Policy Games under Political Uncertainty: The Role of Institutions”, presented at WEAI 95th Annual Conference, June 26th, 2020.
- El-Khishin, Sarah and Mohamed Zaky (2019), “The Trinity of Budget Institutions, Political Institutions and Fiscal Cyclicality: Evidence from Egypt”, ERF 25th Annual Conference (9-13 March, 2019), Kuwait.
- El-Khishin, Sarah, (2018). “Income Distribution, Fertility Behavior and Demographic Transition in Egypt”, TheIIER International Conference, 15-16 February 2018, New York, USA.
- Zaky, Mohamed. and Sarah El-khishin,2016. “Fiscal Institutions in Egypt: Is there a necessity for Reform?”, ERF 22nd Annual conference, 2016
- El-Khishin, Sara (2015). “The Impact of Official Data and Information Systems on Public Policies and Planning”, Presentation, Center for Development Studies, Bibliotheca Alexandria, Alexandria.
- With Nassar, Heba and Magued Osman (2015), “Demographic-Economic Interrelationships in Development Strategies: Lessons from Egypt Demographic Transition”, 21st International Research Conference on Business, Economics and Social Studies” IRC 21st conference. Dubai. (Published Proceedings). The paper received Best Presentation Award of the Conference
- (2014), Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises in Egypt: Situation Analysis and Policy Recommendations, PEMA.
- (2013), The Role of "Monitoring Agencies" in Combating Corruption in Egypt, IDSC.
- (2013), The Impact of Data Quality on Decision Making, IDSC.
- (2012), The Role of Fiscal Policy in Achieving Economic Growth, ENCC.
- (2012), Egypt's Vision 2030, IDSC.
- (2011), Harnessing the Industrial Assets of Egypt towards Trade, MFTI.
- (2011) The Future of Alternative Energies in Egypt, IDSC.
- (2011) Shaping Tomorrow: Towards Egypt a Member Country in OECD by 2030, IDSC.
- (2008), The Future of Science and Technology in Egypt, IDSC.
- (2010), Sustainable Cities in Egypt: Creating Distinguished Areas in the Egyptian Desert, IDSC.
- (2009), Formulating a Roadmap For Sinai Development, IDSC