Dr. Eman Elish is a lecturer in the Economics Department, in the Faculty of Business Economics and Political Science at the British University in Egypt. Dr. Eman joined the BUE in 2010. As a lecturer, she taught Public Finance,Managerial Economics, Population Economics,Intermediate Macroeconomics, Economic History of Europe, Economic Histoty of the Middle East , and Challenges Facing Egypt .She is currently teaching Introduction to Economics and Macroeconomics courses. In addition to delivering an Introductory Economics course in the MBA degree at the BUE for the past two years. Dr Elish has previously taught on a part time bases in other institutions like the University of Modern Scinces and Arts and the Future University.Before that she was employed full time at the Institute of National Planning where she got promted from being a Junior Researcher to a Reaserch Expert until 2010. Dr Elish has been the Programme Director of the Economics Department for the past six years and is a member of the the BAEPS Faculty Council,and the Economics Department council and chairs the Student staff Laiison committee in the Department.She has contributed in developing several versios of the Economics Under graduate programme . She has also contributed in the development of the International Trade and The Islamic Economics modules in the two distance learning MScs; one in International Trade and Economic Development and and the other in Islamic Business and Economics.
- PhD in Economics 2008 Ain Shams University.
- Master Degree in Economics 2002 Ain Shams University.
- BSC. 1997 Ain Shams University, Faculty of commerce (English Section),major Accounting.
- Macroeconomic policies
- Economic Development
- External Debt
- Technical and Vocational Education FDI.
- AboulElsoud M, AlQuda,A.and Elish E.(2020).Does a Change in Immigration Affect the Unemployment Rate in host countries? Evidence from Australia Journal of Applied Economics,23(1),21-43 https://doi.org/10.1080/15140326.2019.1684740
- Elish,E(2019), The Determinants of optimal exchange rate regimes in high and low oil-producing countries , Journal of Business Cycle Research.
- Elish,E (2018), An Examination of the Empirical Validity of the Thirlwall ‘Law’: The Case of Egypt, International Journal of Business and Economics Research,7(6),pp 203-211
- Elish,E and Hammam R.(2018) Dynamic interaction between macroeconomic imbalances: The case of Egypt, International Journal of Business and Economics Perspectives,13(1), PP53-69
- Elish, E & Miniesy, R. (2017). Is Chinese outward FDI in MENA little? Journal of Chinese Economics and Foreign Trade Studies, 10(1) pp19-43 Scopus indexed
- Elish E. and ElShamy H.,(2016)Absorptive Capacity of Human Capital and International R&D Spill-over on Labour Productivity in Egypt, in Managing Knowledge and Innovation for Business Sustainability in Africa, 2nd ed., Palgrave Macmillan, December 2016. ISBN978-3-319-41090-6
- Elish,E. & ElShamy,H.(2016). The Impact of Vocational and Technical Education on Economic Growth: A Panel Study of MENA Countries. International Journal of Business and Economics Perspectives, 11(1), pp1-15, Spring 2016
- Elish, E. & Miniesy, R. (2016). Is MENA different? An Investigation of the Host Country Determinants of Chinese Outward Foreign Direct Investment. Towards a New Development Agenda for the Middle East, ERF, 22nd Annual Conference, March 19-21, Egypt.
- Elish,E. & ElShamy,H.(2016). The Impact of Vocational and Technical Education on Economic Growth: A Panel Study of MENA Countries. First International Conference, Business in a Dynamic World, January 15-17, Cyprus.
- Elish E.(2015). Investigating the Impact of the Potential Zakah Collection as a Source for Funding Economic Growth in Muslim Countries.21st International Research Conference on Business, Economics and Social Sciences, December 29-30,UAE
- Elish E.& ElShamy H. (2014). Absorpative Capacity of Human Capital and International R&D Spillover On Labour Productivity in Egypt. International Journal of Innovation and Knowlege Management in Middle East and North Africa 3(3/4)
- Eman,E and John A.(2019) Growth and Governance in Africa: Are they Compatible? CAREED 4th annual international conference, University of the west of Scotland,30th to 31st May,2019.
Eman, E and John A.(2019) Growth and Governance in Africa: Are they Compatible? In Enterprise and economic development in Africa(Forthcoming, Emerald Publication)