Reham F. El-Kased studied Pharmacy at Cairo University, Egypt, from where she received her MSc degree. She obtained her PhD degree from the Proteome Center Rostock, University Medical Center Rostock, Germany. In September 2013, she joined The British University in Egypt (BUE), Cairo, Egypt, as a Lecturer at the Faculty of Pharmacy. She studies protein-protein interactions and developed epitope mapping methods without immobilization of the antibody in combination with modern mass spectrometry techniques.
Grants: British Council –STDF Research Connect grant (January 2016)
Young Investigators Research Grant (YIRG), (October 2016). The British University in Egypt.
Awards & Recognition: -Best Publication Award (2016), The British University in Egypt (BUE). - Award certificate in recognition of receiving BUE YIRG grant (BUE) - Certificate of appreciation in recognition of externally funded research grant (BUE).
PhD degree (Dr. rer. hum.) in Immunology (2011) Institute of Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Rostock University, Germany.
Master Degree (MSc) in Microbiology and Immunology (2008) Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Egypt.
Bachelor degree (BSc) in Pharmaceutical Sciences (2000) Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Egypt.
Secondary School Certificate, Science division (1995) Saint Fatima English Language Schools, Cairo, Egypt.
Immunoanalytical analysis of different diseases
Antigen-antibody interaction analysis
Studying structure-activity relationship
Epitope mapping using mass spectrometric analysis
New methods for disease diagnosis and ways to stratify patients through antibody profiling.
New antimicrobial agents from natural products.
1. Development of a specific troponin i detection system with enhanced immune sensitivity using a single monoclonal antibody: Troponin (cTnI) Detection. Bozdogan, A., Reham F. El-Kased, Jungbluth, V.,Wolfgang Knoll, Dostalek, J., Kasry, A. Royal Society Open Science, 2020, 7(10), 200871.
2. Prevalence of Bacteria in Primary Schools. Reham F. El-Kased and Noha M. Gamaleldin. Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology, 2020;14(4).
3. Intact transition epitope mapping – Targeted high-energy rupture of extracted epitopes (ITEM-THREE). Danquah, B.D., Röwer, C., Opuni, K.F.M., Reham F. El Kased, David Frommholz, Harald Illges, Koy, C., Glocker, M.O. Molecular and Cellular Proteomics, 2019, 18(8), pp. 1543–1555
4. Thermoresponsive gels containing gold nanoparticles as smart antibacterial and wound healing agents Arafa, M.G., Reham F. El-Kased, Elmazar, M.M. Scientific Reports, 2018, 8(1), 13674
5. Immuno-analytical approach and its application for cardiac disease marker detection. Reham F. El-Kased. Journal of Immunoassay and Immunochemistry, 2018, 39(5), pp. 538–550
6. Mass spectrometric epitope mapping. Opuni, K.F.M., Al-Majdoub, M., Yefremova, Y., Reham F. El‐Kased, Koy, C., Glocker, M.O. Mass Spectrometry Reviews, 2018, 37(2), pp. 229–241.
7. Evaluation of antibacterial activity and toxic metal removal of chemically synthesized magnetic iron oxide titanium coated nanoparticles and application in bacterial treatment. Yasser A. M. Abdulhady, Mona M. El-Shazly, Reham F. El-Kased. Journal of environmental science and health, PART A. Toxic/Hazardous Substances and Environmental Engineering, 2018, 53(3), pp. 205–212.
8. Honey-based hydrogel: In vitro and comparative In vivo evaluation for burn wound healing. Reham F. El-Kased, Reham I. Amer, Dalia Attia, M. M. Elmazar. Scientific Reports, 7 (1), art. no. 9692, 2017.
9. Mass Spectrometric Characterization of Protein Structures and Protein Complexes in Condensed and Gas Phase. Yelena Yefremova, Bright D. Danquah, Kwabena F.M. Opuni, Reham El-Kased, Cornelia Koy, and Michael O. Glocker. European Journal of Mass Spectrometry, 2017. DOI: 10.1177/1469066717722256
10 . Natural antibacterial remedy for respiratory tract infections. Reham F. El-Kased. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine, (6), 270-274, 2016.
High Impact Research Award (2017), The British University in Egypt (BUE).
Best Publication Award (2016), The British University in Egypt (BUE).
Award certificate in recognition of receiving BUE YIRG grant (2017) (BUE)
Certificate of appreciation in recognition of externally funded research grant (2016 - BUE).