Prof. Mohamed Shouman
- Dean of the Faculty of Communication and Mass Media at the British University in Egypt.
- Board member in The Middle East News Agency.
- Chief Editor of the UNDP 2008 world report.
- Professor of Mass Communication and Public Opinion, at the Faculty of Humanities, Qatar University from September 2003 to June 2008.
- Expert in managing Crises and Disasters, The Crises and Disasters Unit in the Faculty of Commerce - Ain Shams University, from 1997 to 2003 .
- Professor of Mass Communication and Public Opinion, Faculty of Girls - Ain Shams University, since July 2000 till present.
- Managing director of Al- Jazeera Newspaper office in Cairo, since June 1996 till 2004.
- Teaching a special educational curriculum about mass communication and crisis management for the after graduate studies at the Faculty of Commerce - Ain Shams University.
- Elected member of the board of directors of the Journalism Graduates (2002-2003).
- The main researcher for the Egyptian report on crises and disasters management starting 1998 till 2000.
- Elected member of the board of directors of the Arab Association for the protection against drugs and addiction (1995-2000).
- Mass media consultant for the international council on alcohol and addictions (ICAA) office in Cairo from June 1994 to June 2000.
- Participating member of the Arabic strategic report - an annually issued report by the Political and Strategic Studies Center of Al Ahram, during the years of 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993 and 1994.
- Researcher at the national center for social and criminological research. March 1983 to June 1994.
- Worked as a journalist in Al - Akhbar Newspaper and Al Azmena El Arabia from 1981 to 1983.
• Participation in the book of presidential elections 2012, Cairo, Center for Political and Strategic Studies, Al Ahram2013. • Participation in the book of the Egyptian revolution motivations, trends and challenges, research on the media and the Egyptian revolution of January 25, Doha, the Arab Center for Research and Policy Studies, March 2012. • Participation in the book Egypt and the Islamists after the January 25 revolution, Dubai, SIP Center for Studies and Research, December 2011. • Participation in the book the great Arab blast: in the cultural and political dimensions, Doha, the Arab Center for Research and Study politicians 0.2012 5. Book titled "Media discourse analysis, a theoretical framework and practical applications". Egyptian Lebanese publisher. Cairo 2007.