Professor Wadouda Badran is Dean, Faculty of Business Administration, Economics and Political Science, the British University in Egypt. She is on secondment from Cairo University, where she is a Professor of Political Science, Faculty of Economics and Political Science. At Cairo University Professor Badran was the Vice Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Political Science, during the period (1995-2001). Her research related activities and publications include enhancing women participation in politics, American studies, the EEC and Egypt, middle east politics and research methods.
Professor Badran was the Egyptian Cultural Counsellor in the UK during the period (2001-2003). In this capacity she administrated the Egyptian educational missions programme and organised an annual Egyptian cultural programme in the UK, which included various events on ancient and modern Egypt.
During the period (2003-2013) Professor Badran was the first Director General of the Arab Women Organisation (an intergovernmental organisation under the umbrella of the League of Arab States). In her capacity as Director General she organised and supervised the organisation's annual programme which aimed at empowering Arab women and building their capacities to promote progress of Arab societies, raising awareness of the necessity of engaging women as equal partners in social development and coordinating Arab efforts in order to foster women empowerment and to elevate awareness of their vital role in society
In 2006 Professor Badran was decorated by H.E. Zen el- Abideen Bin Ali, the former President of Tunisia, and by Her Royal Highness Princess, Sabeeka Bint Ibrahim Al-Khalifa to honour her efforts to enhance the status of Arab Women.
In 2013, Professor Wadouda Badran became a Consultant to the Supreme Council of the Arab Women Organisation.
- Ph.D. Degree in Political Science, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada, 1981. Major: International Relations. Minors: International History and Comparative Politics
- MA Political Science, Faculty of Economics & Political Science, Cairo University, 1973
- B.Sc. Faculty of Economics and Political Science, Cairo University, 1968
- High School Diploma, American College for Girls, Cairo, Egypt, 1964
- "Egyptian Foreign Policy and the Problems of Egyptian-Israeli Peace" in Abd El Moneim Al Mashat (ed.) Egypt's Regional Role in the Middle East, Cairo: Centre for Political Research and Studies.1995.
- "Israel's Strategic Decisions during the Gulf Crisis" Strategic Thought (Quarterly Journal (Published in Beirut) July 1991, PP. 129-143.
- "The EEC States and the Arab World" in International Powers and the Arab System". Cairo: National Centre for Middle East Studies. August 1991, PP. 59-85.
- "The Gulf Crisis and the International System". Journal of the Social Sciences, (Quarterly Journal Published by Kuwait University) Spring/Summer 1991, PP 45-71.
- "Continuity and Change in the Superpower's Policy Towards the Arab-Israeli Conflict". Strategic Thought, April 1991, PP. 125-155.
- "The Analysis of Egypt's Relations with Western Europe in the Arabic Literature, A Survey Study" in Kir Eldin, H., and Youssef, A. (eds) Egypt and the EEC, Cairo: Centre for Political Research and Studies, 1991, pp.4-39.
- "American Mediation in the Egyptian/Israeli Dispute over Taba", El Rashidi, Ahmed (ed) The Egyptian Administration of the Taba Crisis, Cairo: Centre for Political Research and Studies, 1990, PP: 139-171.
- (ed) Women and Local Elections, Cairo: Faculty of Economics & Political Science, 1997
- (ed) Women and the Labor Movement, Cairo: Faculty of Economics & Political Science, 1997
- (ed) Women and the People's Assembly Elections, 1995, Cairo: Faculty of Economics & Political Science, 1997
- (ed.) Egypt's Relations with the EEC. Cairo: Centre for Political Research and Studies,1992
- (ed.) Research Design in Social Science Research, Cairo: Centre for Political Research and Studies,1992
- (ed) Approaches in Social Science, Research, Cairo: Centre for Political Research and Studies,1992
- (ed.) Empirical Research in Political Studies, Cairo: Centre for Political Research and Studies,1991
- (Co-Translator), Joral Manhiem and Richard Rich, Empirical Political Analysis, NJ. : Prentice Hall Inc. 1981
- Translator, Brewster C, Denny. Seeing American Foreign Policy Whole Illinois: The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois, 1985.
- (ed) Privatization in Egypt: The Debate in the People's Assembly, Cairo: Centre for Political Research and Studies, 1996.
- (ed) EC, Germany and Egypt, Cairo: Centre for Political Research and Studies, 1994. IV Articles (in English)
- "An Evaluation of Arab Integration Schemes", Political Research Series, Centre for Political Research and Studies, Cairo University, 1991.
- Funding Research Through External Aid: an Exploratory Study of the Egyptian Case. 975-1982", Political Research Series, Centre for Political Research and Studies, Cairo University, 1988.
- "Politics of the Global Powers Towards the Arab World" in Dessouki, Ali Hillal, International Relations in the Arab World 1973-1982. Tokyo: Institute of Developing Economics,1983, PP, 1-78.