Dr. Safaa Shaaban is an associate professor of HRM and Management at The British University in Egypt (BUE) and the HR specialisation supervisor in Business Department at BAEPS in the BUE. She was awarded her PhD in 2007 from The University of Newcastle University Business School, United Kingdom. and her MSc in HRM from Manchester University. In addition, she had worked as a project manager and research fellow at Salford university and she awarded her PGCert in teaching. she became a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA) in the UK. Dr Shaaban is a member in AOM , BAM and reviewer in many international journals. Dr Shaaban worked as international consultant with different doners nationally and internationally such as USAID, DFID, British Council, NEAR EAST , UNDP, FOUNDATION, and others.
Shaaban’s research interests include: HRM, Leadership, Green HRM, Physiological Contract, , Innovation HRM, and Higher Education. Over the past 8 years, she had more than 15 intellectual contributions; including top-tier peer-reviewed academic journal articles; conference proceedings; and case studies. three of her paper was contributed to SCOUPS journals. She received the BUE publications awarded for three times and received a conference grant for 4 years from 2016-2021. She taught a variety of HR and management courses in Egypt, UK. Also, her professional experience includes several national and regional consultant assignments.
- Jan 2011 to Jan 2012, PGCert HEPR Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Practice and Teaching, University of Salford), UK
- Sept 2003 to Aug 2007, PhD (HRD) workforce skills and learning, The University of Newcastle upon Tyne, GURU, SAPL, UK
- Sept 2003 to Aug 2005 Certificate in Research, The University of Newcastle upon Tyne, HASS, UK
- Sept 2000 to Sept 2001, MSc Human Resources Management, The University of Manchester, School of Education, UK
- July 1997 to November, Course on Adult education and community development, Manchester University, School of Education, UK
- Shaaban, S (2021) a responsible leadership scale: an empirical investigation on responsible leadership dimensions, the international journal of organizational diversity ( under review)
- Shaaban, S and Abdel Moneim, Y (2020), The Impact of COVID-19 on the Strategic Belt and Road Initiative in the Light of Cultural Convergences and Divergences between Egypt and China: A Systematic Review, Open Journal of Social Sciences. Vol. 8 No. 9 September 2020.
- Shaaban, Safaa (2020) “The impact of Responsible Leadership (RL) on Responsible Employee (RE): The mediating role of Sustainable Leadership (SL)”. International journal of Business and Management. Vol. 15, NO.8, August 2020.
- Shaaban, Safaa, and Mohamed Sherien M. Shehata (2019). "The Impact of Resilience on Performance under Transformational and Transactional Leadership." Organizational Cultures: An International Journal 19 (2): 33-46. doi:10.18848/2327-8013/CGP/v19i02/33-46.
- Shaaban, S. (2019) Reviewing the concept of green HRM and it practices application ( green staffing): A review from Literature background and testing the prospective of construction sector in Egypt and UK, International Business Research, Vol. 12, No. 5, May 2019
- Shaaban, S.(2019) “Reviewing Egyptian community social fund (village savings and loans association, VSLA) as an approach for community social fund“. Horticulture International Journal, volume 1, 2019.
- Shaaban, S. (2018) The Impact of Motivation on Organisational Citizenship Behaviour(OCB): The Mediation Effect of Employees’ Engagement, Journal of Human Resource Management,6 (2): 58-66.2018.
- Shaaban, S. (2018) Reporting the impact of Student Centred Learning (SCL): Interactive learning experience base on small-scale study in undergraduate business classes. International Journal of Higher Education Management (IJHEM), Vol 5 Number 1 August 2018.
- Shaaban, S. (2018) Accepted in (2017) The impact of emotional intelligence on effective leadership In the Ministry of Military Production (MOMP) in Egypt. Journal of Business and Retail Management Research (JBRMR). Vol. 12 Issue 4 July 2018.
- Shaaban, S. (2018) The Mediation Role of Employees Engagement in the Relationship between Talent Management and Talent Retention in Military Production factories in Egypt. International Journal of Business and Management; Vol. 13, No. 6, June 2018.
- Shaaban, S. (2018) Predicting Big-Five personality traits relation with employees' Job Engagement in Government sector in Egypt. International Journal of Business and Management Review Vol.6, No.1, pp.33-43, January 2018. (ERA Journals).
- Shaaban. S. (2017) the impact of leadership style on middle managers’ motivation: A study of the Ministry of Civil Aviation in Egypt. Journal of Business and Management Sciences. 2017, 5(3), 100-107
- Shaaban, S (2015) Pathway toward women's economic empowerment in Egypt, AsEse Journal of Business Management, Vol.1(6), pp. 057-063, November 2015, ISSN 2059-7835.
- Shaaban, S (2011)" A Conceptual Framework Review of Social Exclusion, and its Relation to Social Cohesion and Poverty”. International Journal of Diversity in Organisations, Communities and Nations, Volume 11, Issue 1, pp.117-132.
- Shaaban, S. (2021) “The impact of e-learning on students: measuring the acceptance of the technology between undergraduates’ students in business studies”. 12th International Conference on Society and Information Technologies (ICSIT 2021), to be held on March 9-12, 2021
- Shaaban, S. & Ali, N. (2020) “ The Impact of Personality Traits on Counterproductive Sustainability Behaviours (CSB):The Mediation role of job satisfaction in Call Centres in Egypt”. November 24, 2020, BAEPS Annual Conference, The British University in Egypt, BUE.
- Shaaban, S (2019) Why digital Transformation in higher education and Abandonment of traditional: questions to be answered, the 25th international training and business administration conferences for Arab world, Cairo 12-14 of November Citystar Cairo, Egypt
- Shaaban, S. (2019) Suggested conceptual logical framework, and dimensions for responsible leadership, AOM Specialized Conference: Responsible Leadership in Rising Economies, 23-25 October 2019, Bled, Slovenia ( Accepted).
- Shaaban, S. (2017) The impact of emotional intelligence on effective leadership in the Ministry of Military Production (MOMP) in Egypt’’ to the 8th International Trade & Academic Research Conference (ITARC). 6-7 November 2017, London. UK.
- Shaaban, S. (2017) Egyptian community Social fund: Moving from Rotating Savings and Credit Associations (ROSCAs) To Village Savings and Loans Association (VSLA," Seventeenth International Conference on Diversity in Organizations, Communities & Nations, to be held 26-28 July 2017 at the University of Toronto-Chestnut Conference Centre in Toronto, Canada.
- Shaban, S (2016) Leadership style of managers in public-sector Egypt: A study on the Ministry of Civil Aviation in Egypt, First International Conference "Business in a dynamic world", 5 - 17 January 2016, Limassol, Cyprus
- Shaaban, S (2013) Pathway toward women's economic rights in Egypt: A final project evaluation report: project title "Enhancing Marginalized Women's Enjoyment of Economic Rights (EMER) in Egypt". Third International Conference on Management in Africa, Manchester, UK
- Shaaban, S (2010), The conceptual framework review of social exclusion, in: 'its relationship with social cohesion and poverty in Europe ', The International Journal of Diversity in Organizations, Communities and Nations, Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK, pp.1-15. Conference details: Diversity Conference 2010 Queen’s University Belfast Peter Froggatt Centre Belfast, Northern Ireland 19 July 2010, USA
- Shaban, S. (2016) The role of learning to improve the workforce skills, LAP LAMBERT Academic, Germany.
- Shaaban, S. (2007) "The Role of learning to improve the workforce skills and qualifications, lessons from Tyne and Wear", Newcastle University, UK. ( PhD thesis) http://hdl.handle.net/10443/653
- Macionis and Plummer's, Sociology: A Global Introduction, 5th Edition. Prentice Hall.
Shaaban, S. (2012), "Facilitators Guidance with exercises on three modules leadership, creative thinking & Participatory research approaches”, Academy for international development, AID-ME, Cairo.
- Member and reviewer of Academy of Management (AOM)
- Member and reviewer of British Academy of Management (BAM), UK
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA) Professional HE Teacher Status (from Higher Education Academy).
- Member and reviewer of CG Scholar, US ▪ British Council Achieving, MSc in HRM from Manchester University, UK
- IIE in US & Ford Ford-foundation, PhD fellowship on philosophy (HRD), research Title: The Role of learning to improve the workforce skills, learning lessons from Tyne and Wear”