Dr. Dina is an assistant professor in Accounting, Faculty of Business Administration, Economics and Political Science, the British University in Egypt. Dr. Dina Hassouna completed her Doctorate in the field of Accounting at the German University in Cairo. She has several publications in peer reviewed international journals in this field. Her research interests are in Financial Accounting, Corporate Governance and Earnings Management. Her academic teaching experience follows the quality and validation standards of the United Kingdom and of Egypt. Her teaching interests include Fundamental Accounting 1, Fundamental Accounting 2, Research Methodology 2 and Management Accounting and Control. Currently, she is the Chairman of the Business Track of the Faculty of Business Administration, Economics and Political Science International Annual Conference. She is responsible for evaluating conference papers submitted. She is also the Website officer of the Faculty of Business Administration.
- Sep. 2008 – Aug. 2014, Ph.D. in Accounting, Faculty of Management Technology, German University in Cairo, Cairo, Egypt. Thesis Title: Corporate Governance and Firm Performance: Egypt’s Case . Advisor: Professor. Dr. Hassan Ouda
- Sep. 2003 – May 2006, Master of Business administration (MBA-Finance Major), Arab Academy for Science and Technology and Maritime. Transport, Cairo, Egypt . Thesis Title: Corporate Governance and Corporate Performance in the Egyptian Stock market.
- Sept. 1998 – Jun. 2002, B.Sc. in Accounting, Faculty of Commerce- English Section, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, Total Grade: Very Good
- Hassouna D., & Salem R. (2021). Corporate Social Responsibility and Firm Risk: Egypt’s Case, Journal of Governance and Regulation, 10(2).
- Hassouna D., & Ouda H. (2017). A Suggested Measure for the Quality of Corporate Governance in Egypt. Corporate Ownership and Control, 15(1), 52-64.
- Hassouna D., Ouda H. (2017) & Husseiney K. Transparency and Disclosure as a Corporate Governance Mechanism and Corporate Performance: Egypt’s Case. Corporate Ownership and Control Journal, 14(4-1), 293-298.
- Pumphrey, L. & Hassouna D. (2018), 'The impact of IFRS 15 on Financial Statements:A Case Study'. International Academy of Business and Public Administration Disciplines (IABPAD) conference, Orlando, Florida, January 2-5.
- Hassouna, D. & Ouda, H (2015), 'A Suggested Measure for the Quality of Corporate Governance in Egypt'. British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA) Annual Conference. Manchester University, Manchester City, March 23-25.
- Hassouna, D. & Ouda (2015), 'The Development of Corporate Governance Measurement Tool for Egyptian Listed Companies'. The American University in Cairo (AUC) 21st Annual Research Conference:Middle East and North Africa Region:Post-2015 Development Agenda. Egypt, March 16-18.