Professor Pumphrey has a PhD from the University of Missouri, USA. She has over 30 years experience teaching a variety of accounting courses in the United States, New Zealand, United Arab Emirates, and Egypt. She has served as chairman of the Idaho State Board of Accountancy, a government agency that regulates the practice of accounting in the state of Idaho. Dr. Pumphrey is a member of the AICPA, AGA, GFOA, IIA, IMA where she has served on many committees. She holds several accounting-related certificates including CPA-Inactive (Idaho), CMA, CIA, and CGFM. Professor Pumphrey has published many articles on accounting-related topics.
- PhD, University of Missouri-Columbia, USA
- MBA, Arkansas State University, USA
- BSBA, University of Southern Mississippi, USA
- Pumphrey,L. (2018) “Sorry Harvard, I Don’t Like the Case Method: A Rebuttal (and an Affirmation. International Journal Higher Education Management. (vol 4, No. 2) Feb 2018
- El-Temtamy, O., Majdalawieh, M., Pumphrey, L. (2016) Assessing IT Disaster Recovery Plans: The Case of Publicly Listed Firms on Abu Dhabi/UAE Security Exchange. Information & Computer Security, Vol. 24, Issue 5, pp514-533.
- Pumphrey, L., Gray, K. (2015). Practical Impediments to Convergence of U.S. GAAP and IFRS. European Scientific Journal, Volume 2 (Special Edition). http://eujournal.org/index.php/esj/article/view/6835
- Frischmann, P. J., Pumphrey, L., Santhanakrishnan, M. (2015). Teaching the Statement of Cash Flows and Free Cash Flow Estimation when Nonarticulation is Present. Advances in Accounting Education: Teaching and Curriculum Innovations, 17.
- Pumphrey, Lela (Presenter and co-author) (2021) “Student Perceptions of and Performance on On-Line Assessments During the COVID-19 Pandemic” 35th EBES Conference (virtual only)
- Lela, Lela (Presenter and author) (2019) “Sorry Harvard, I don’t like the case method: A rebuttal (and an offirmation)” 3rd International Conference on Institutional Leadership, Learning & Teaching (ILLT), 6th - 7th November 2017 London-UK
- Pumphrey, Lela (Presenter and Co-Author), “IFRS 15: A Case Study,” International Academy of Business and Public Administration Disciplines Winter Meeting (January 2-5, 2018).
- Pumphrey, Lela (Presenter and Author), “Leasing: A Means of Financing for Entrepreneurs in Developing Countries”, Academy of Business and Retail Management—Arab Academy of Science, Engineering, and Marine Transport (May 22-23, 2017).
- Pumphrey, L., Hagerman, J. (Presenter & Author). “Environmental Initiatives Related to the Adjustment of Accounting Systems to Achieve Corporate Sustainability.” International Academy of Business and Public Administration Disciplines, Orlando, Florida USA. (January 2, 2016)
- Pumphrey, L. (Presenter & Author), Gray, K. (Author Only), Spencer, A. (Author Only), "Practical Impediments to Convergence of U.S. GAAP and IFRS," European Scientific Institute, Tiblisi, Republic of Georgia. (July 19, 2015).
- Pumphrey, L. (Presenter & Author), Gray, K. (Author Only), Spencer, A., IABPAD Winter Meeting, "Convergence--LIFO Inventory Valuation: An Examination of One Area in Which Convergence Between U.S. GAAP and IFRS Has Not Been Achieved," International Academy of Business and Public Administration Disciplines, Orlando, Florida USA. (January 2, 2015)
- El-Temtamy, O., Majdalawich, M., Pumphrey, L. (2018), Assessing IT Disaster Recovery Plans: The Case of Publicly Listed Firms. Lambert Academic Publishing. April, 2018.
- Pumphrey, L. D., Lambert, C. A., Lambert, C. J. (2015), The Crisis and Emerging markets: A Multidisciplinary Analysis (pp. 151-167). Athens, Greece: Athens Institute for Education and Research.
- Pumphrey, Lela (Association of Government Accountants) Boise, USA. 2018. Risk Assessment
- Pumphrey, Lela (Idaho State Tax Institute) Pocatello, USA 2018. Professional Ethics for Accountants.