Dr. Abbas graduated with First Class B.Sc. (Honours) in Design and Production Engineering in 1992 from Shoubra Faculty of Engineering, Zagazig University. Dr. Abbas obtained his Ph.D. in 1998 from the University of Strathclyde, UK, in Computer Aided Design.
Behavior based control for autonomous robotics.
AI in robotics.
1. Anwar Sahbel, Ayman Abbas, Omar Howlader and Tariq Sattar, “Experimental and Numerical Optimisation of Magnetic Adhesion Force for Wall Climbing Robot Applications”. The 2017 International Conference on Robotics and Mechatronics (ICRoM 2017). Hong Kong, 12-14 December 2017.
2. Ayman Abbas, “A Comparative Study of the Accuracy of Various Artificial Intelligence Techniques in Avoiding Obstacles by Mobile Robots”. The 2017 World Congress on Advances in Nano, Bio, Robotics and Energy (ANBRE17). Ilsan (Seoul), Korea, 28 August - 1 September 2017.
3. Ayman Abbas and Andrew Edison, “Employing Shape Memory Alloys as Efficient Rapid Robotic Joint Actuators”. The 2017 World Congress on Advances in Nano, Bio, Robotics and Energy (ANBRE17). Ilsan (Seoul), Korea, 28 August - 1 September 2017.
4. Ayman S. Abbas, Tamer A. Mohamed and Mohamed G. Hafez, “Improving Localization Accuracy of Autonomous Guided Vehicles for Material Handling Applications”. The Journal of Management and Engineering Integration, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp 91-100, Summer 2014.
5. Ayman Abbas and Khaled El-Geneidy, “Development of a Hybrid Technique Utilising Image Processing and Fuzzy Logic for Dynamically Detecting a Movable Colour Object”. Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 389 (2013), pp 734-739.
6. Ayman Abbas and Khaled El-Geneidy, “Application of Image Processing and Fuzzy Logic to Mobile Robots Providing Assistance to Fire Fighters”. Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 389 (2013), pp 740-746.