Dr. Nagwa A. Soliman graduated from the Faculty of Arts and Humanities King Abdul Aziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. She obtained her M.A. from Ain Shams University and then spent one year at University of California, Berkeley in the U.S collecting data for her PhD thesis. She obtained her PhD from Ain Shams University and her specialization is novel. Her main area of research is Blended/Flipped teaching and learning, latest technology in teaching and learning English language and literature. She is always participating in conferences, seminars and workshops. She has 15 published articles and six published books. She is a member of Nile TESOL and has peer reviewed articles as well. She conducted three workshops at the BUE in 2017: “Interactive Teaching”, at Faculty of Engineering on Sunday the 26th November, 2017; “Interactive Teaching: Types and Tools”. Staff Development Day at Faculty of Arts and Humanities, on the 27th December, 2017; “Using E-Learning and Clickers to Enhance Teaching Learning”, University Staff Development Day BUE, 13 September, 2017.
Dr. Nagwa is currently the Advanced Writing Module Leader and a Senior Lecturer specialized in ‘novel ‘at the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, in the British University in Egypt since 2009. She has a long teaching experience. She taught in many reputable universities, namely the American University in Cairo (2005-2009), Misr International University (1999 -2007), Arab Academy for Science and Technology (1997-2008), Arab Open University (1998 – 2009), North Eastern University (1996 – 1997), and Mansoura University (1988 – 2009). She has taught diversified courses such as Advanced Writing, Advanced, ESP, Translation, Novel, research skills and EAP.
1989 – 1993 PhD in English Language and Literature, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt.
1991- 1992 PhD thesis data collection, University of California, Berkeley, California, U.S.A.
1986 - 1989 M.A in English Language and literature, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt.
1979 - 1980 Two Management Courses, American University Cairo, Egypt.
1976-1979 B.A in English Language and Literature, Faculty of Arts and Humanities, King Abdul Aziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Dr. Nagwa is generally interested in literature analysis, critical thinking, extensive reading, learner centered teaching, and the latest technology in novel teaching and learning. She participated in the 20th International Project Week at Hochscule Nordhausen University in Germany and the title of the project was “Developing Effective Communication Skills” from 22nd April to 28th April 2018.
- Teaching English for Academic Purposes via the Flipped Learning Approach Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 232 .2016. 122 – 129 Available online at www.sciencedirect.com1877-0428 © 2016.Elsevier Ltd.
- Marital Deadlock in Gustave Flaubert’s Madame Bovary and Ahdaf Soueif’s in In the Eye of the Sun. 2016. Journal of Education and Literature Vol. 4, No. 1, 2016, 1-7.
- Female Happiness in the Patriarchal Cage in Naguib Mahfouz’s Cairo Triology, Middak Alley and Miramar.The Humanities Review, Spring 2014, Volume 11, issue one: P.53.
- The Fatal Garment of Technology a Critical Analysis of E.M Forester’s. June 2014. ‘The Machine Stops’. International Journal of Research (IJR) Vol-1, Issue 5, ISSN 2348-6848.
Using the Interactive Web to Enhance Teaching and Learning. 2012. Scientific & Academic Publishing 2(4): 62-65.
- Integrating Extensive Reading and Reading. November 2012 Circles in ESL. International Journal of Global Education (IJGE) Volume 1 Issue 1 - www.ijge.net.
- What Character of a Woman am I for Candidly I don’t Know? a Psychoanalytic Reading of The Awakening. July 2009. Fikr Wa Ibda, Faculty of Women, Ain Shams University.
- I am a dead person and I do not know yet what will bring me back to life. A Post-Colonial Reading of Coetzee’s Disgrace. July 2009. Fikr Wa Ibda, Faculty of Women, Ain Shams University.
- Edna Pontellier’s Struggle and Failure of Independent Survival in Kate Chopin’s The Awakening. May 2007. Fikr Wa Ibda, Faculty of Women, Ain Shams University.
- Free Indirect Discourse and Buck’s Series of Transitions in Jack London’s The Call of the Wild. April 2007. Fikr Wa Ibda, Faculty of Women, Ain Shams University.
- The Post-Apartheid South African Trauma of Guilt and Self-Surrender in J.M Coetzee’s Disgrace. April 2006. Annual Review, Faculty of Education, Ain Shams University.
- Jim Burden’s Old-World Nostalgia in Willa Cather’s My Antonia. May 2006. Fikr Wa Ibda. Faculty of Women, Ain Shams University.
- The Quest for Human-Machine Fusion in William Gibson’s Neuromancer. May 2005. Fikr Wa Ibda, Faculty of Women, Ain Shams University.
- Racism and Acculturation in Toni Morrison’s The Bluest Eye.April 2004. Annual Review, Faculty of Women, Ain Shams University.
- The Doomed Paradise in Tom Stoppard’s Arcadia. May 2004. Fikr Wa Ibda, Faculty of Women, Ain Shams University.
- “Literature and Technology in EFL/ESL”. 2012. TESOL ARABIA 20 x 2. Dubai, UAE.
“Integrating Extensive Reading and Reading Circles to Improve Language Fluency in ESL” 2011. GLOBAL EDUCATION CONFERENCE, North Cyprus.
- “The Egyptian Myth of Isis and Osiris”.2007. Alsun, Annual Conference Ain Shams University.
- Patriarchy and Gender Discrimination as seen in the Novels of Ahdaf Soueif’s In the Eye of the Sun (1992) and Pramoedya Ananta Toer’s The Girl from the Coast (2002). 2020. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. https://publications.waset.org/humanities-and-social-sciences.
- Gender in Ancient Egyptian Literature Lap Lambert Academic Publishing. Omniscriptum GMBH & Co. KG ISBN: 13: 978-620-2-51841-3
- The Upsurge of the English Novel. Lap Lambert Academic Publishing.
Omniscriptum GMBH & Co. KG ISBN:978-613-9-97645-4.
- Creating a Positive Learning Classroom Environment. (2017). Lap Lambert Academic Publishing. Omniscriptum GMBH & Co. KG.ISBN: 978-620-2-19988-9.
- Unity Amidst Division. (2017). Lap Lambert Academic Publishing. Omniscriptum GMBH & Co. KG ISBN: 978-3-330-07433-0.
- Elements of Fiction and their Interplay in Critical Literary Analysis. (2016). Lap Lambert Academic Publishing. Omniscriptum GMBH & Co. KG ISBN: 978-3-330-01066-6.
- Mirrors of Our Double Selves. (2016). Lap Lambert Academic Publishing. Omniscriptum GMBH & Co. KG. ISBN 978-3-659-85632-7.
- Blended Learning Essentials. (2015). Lap Lambert Academic Publishing. Omniscriptum GMBH & Co. KG. ISBN 978-3-659-75903-1.
- The Impact of Technology on Teaching Language and Literature. (2015). Lap Lambert Academic Publishing. Omniscriptum GMBH & Co. KG. ISBN 978- 3-659-68036-6.