Dr. Karim Salem is a lecturer in the Faculty of Business Administration, Economics and Political Science at The British University in Egypt. He lectures in an array of subjects, ranging from Strategic Management, to Public Administration, Human Resources Management and Oganisational Behaviour. He has over sixteen years of experience in the field of management consultancy as a trainer, coach, researcher and consultant.
Currently, in addition to his university and academic role, he works as an independent Management consultant, trainer, and coach, with a diverse working experience extending over the past sixteen years. He has been delivering his services to several sectors with a special focus on Government institutions and Development organisations.
He has participated in several global activities including the United States Department of State's International Visitor Program 2003 titled "Young Leaders," represented Egypt at the International Institute for Political and Economic Studies, Athens, Greece, 1997, and was selected by the European commission in Egypt to participate in the "European Union International Visitor program 2010.
He participated in diverse extracurricular activities over the past twenty years, and was elected 1997 as President of the student union of the American University in Cairo, elected as a junior member of the Board of Directors of Heliopolis Sporting Club 2001-2205, and elected in 2009 as a senior member of the Board of Directors of Heliopolis Sporting Club
- PhD, Public Administration. Cairo University, Egypt.
- MSc, of Public Administration, The American University in Cairo, Egypt.
- BA, in Business Administration, The American University in Cairo, Egypt.
- Improving government service delivery in Egypt> The case of the traffic departments of Heliopolis and Nozha districts, the Inernational Journal of Business and Public Administration,2015.
- الادارة الاستراتيجية بين الشكلية والواقعية، المجلة العربية للعلوم السياسية،مركز دراسات الوحدة العربية،2014
- Performance management and Job Satisfaction in Pharmacutical compaines in Egypt,Scientific Journal of Research and Business Studies, 2013.
- Impact of national ict policies on political participation, Scientific Journal of Research and Business Studies, 2011.
- Performance based budgeting handbook,2010.