In 1995, he joined the Department of Engineering Science at the Air Defense College, Egypt as a full-time Demonstrator and then Assistant Lecturer in Electrical Engineering. In 2012, he was appointed as full-time Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, October 6 University, Egypt. His research interests span the areas of Coding and Information Theory, Joint Source-Channel Coding Multi-dimensional Signaling, Hidden Communication Channels, and Non-coherent Pulse Compression in Radars & Laser Ranging Systems. His current research works include Information Theory based Adaptive Waveform for MIMO SAR and Sub-Nyquist Radars. He is a Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers – IEEE, and a Member of the IEEE Communications Society. Dr. Asharf is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Communications Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, BUE.
Ashraf Seleym received his first B.Sc. degree in Air Defense Science (Radars & Missile Systems) from the Air Defense College, Armed Forces of Egypt in 1993. He received his second B.Sc. degree in Electrical Communications Engineering and Electro-Physics (Excellent with Honors) from the Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria University, Egypt in 1994. In 2003, He received his M.Sc. degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering. In 2012, he received his Ph.D. degree in Information Technology from Cairo University.
- Maximous, G. S., A. M. Fatahalla, A. Seleym, T. A. Ashour, and H. Mostafa, "A New CAD Tool for Energy Optimization of Diagonal Motion Mode of Attached Electrode Triboelectric Nanogenerators", IEEE International NEW Circuits and Systems Conference (NEWCAS 2018), Montreal, Canada, pp. 331-334, 2018. copy at www.tinyurl.com/y8dt2w5a
- Moustafa Elshafei and Ashraf Seleym, "Potential of Solar-driven CDI Technology for Water Desalination in Egypt" Journal of Renewable Energy and Sustainable Development (RESD) Volume 3, Issue 3, December 2017.
- Ashraf Seleym and Moustafa Elshafei, “New Energy-Efficient Topology for Solar-Powered Capacitive Deionization Systems,” In the Proceedings of the the IEEE Electrical Power and Energy Conference (EPEC 2017), Oct. 22–25, 2017, Saskatoon, Canada.
- Ashraf Seleym and Moustafa Elshafei, “Water Desalination Using Solar-Powered Capacitive Deionization Technology,” In the Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Water, Energy and Environment (ICWEE), American University of Sharjah (AUS), Feb. 28 – March 2, 2017, Sharjah, UAE.
- Moustafa Elshafei, Ashraf Seleym, Mahmoud Higazy, and Habiba Hassan, “Potential of Commercial Scale Hydroponic Fodder Using Brackish Water and Solar-driven CDI Technology”, The First Arab Forum: Integration Systems for Creativity and Innovation Management and its Impact on Economic Development, The Arab Administrative Development Organization and the British University in Egypt, 3-5 April, 2017.
- Ashraf Seleym, "Complementary Phase Coded LFM for SAR Signals," In the proceedings of IEEE Integrated Communications Navigation and Surveillance (ICNS) Conference, Virginia, USA, April 19-21, 2016.
- Ashraf Seleym, "A New Incoherent Compression of Complementary Code Pairs for Laser Ranging and Detection," The International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Applications (WCECS 2014), San Francisco, USA, 22-24 October 2014.
- Ashraf Seleym, "Constant Envelope Multiple Trellis-Coded MSK for Phase Coded Waveforms in Complementary Sequences Sensor Pulse Compression," In the proceedings of the 2014 IEEE International Conference on Electro/Information Technology (EIT 2014), Milwaukee, WI, USA, June 5-7, 2014.
- Ashraf Seleym, "A New Noncoherent Radar Pulse Compression Based on Complementary Sequences," In the proceedings of the IEEE Radar Conference, OH, USA, May 19-23, 2014.
- Ashraf Seleym, "Pulse Compression Waveform for Complementary Codes Based on Minimum Shift Keying," Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Electronics and Communication Systems (ICECS 2014), Coimbatore, India, Feb. 13-14, 2014.
- Ashraf Seleym, "High-rate Hidden Communications Channel: A Multi-dimensional Signaling Approach," Proceedings of IEEE Integrated Communications Navigation and Surveillance (ICNS) Conference, Virginia, USA, April 8-10, 2014.
- Ashraf Seleym, "A New Noncoherent Radar Pulse Compression based on Complementary Sequences with Direct Sequence Signaling," Proceedings of IEEE Integrated Communications Navigation and Surveillance (ICNS) Conference, Virginia, USA, April 8-10, 2014.
- Ashraf Seleym, "A New Non-Coherent Pulse Compression based on Binary Codes for on-off Keying (NCPC-BC-OOK)," The IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits, and Systems (ICECS 2013), Abu Dhabi, UAE, Dec. 8-11, 2013.
- Ashraf Seleym, "A High-rate Chaotic Secured Covert Channel based on Multiple Embedding in Images," Proceedings of IEEE, International Conference on Computer Engineering and Systems (ICCES 2013), Cairo, Egypt, Nov. 26-28, 2013.
- Ashraf Seleym and Dina Darwish, "Real-time Covert Communications Channel for Audio Signals," The International Journal of Computer Science Issues (IJCSI), Vol. 9, Issue 5, No. 3, Sept. 2012.
- Ashraf Seleym, Dina M., and G. Darwish, "A High-rate Hidden Communications Channel," The International Journal of Digital Image Processing, Vol. 3, No. 3, Mar. 2011.
- Ashraf Seleym and G. Darwish, "Covert Secure Channels using Multiple Embedding in the Quantization Index Modulation Framework," The 2nd International Conference on Cyber-crime and Information Security, Cairo, Egypt, Dec. 1-2, 2010.