In 1993 Elhini received a training in Market Research Methods, RADA Research, multinational firms’ assessment of the Egyptian social, market, and consumption structures, analysis of Egyptian expenditure patterns in relation to income in the lower income level of the economy. In 1995 she took the position of Account Executive, Marketing Research Unit, Look Advertising Co. setting and implementing a market research unit to include all necessary data such as market shares, statistical measures of markets in Egypt, consumption trends, market plans and advisory service for foreign and domestic clients. In 2000 she was a financial analyst, Al Ahly for Development and Investment (ADI) in Egypt responsible for the transformation of primary data into financial statements, analyse data and statements, analyze ongoing and greenfield projects, set a benchmark on the basis of IRR to the validity and lifespan of the projects, assist in the decision-making about the financial feasibility and expansion potential of the projects. In 2011 she was Teaching Assistant at Arab Academy of Science and Technology and Maritime Transport; Teaching macro-Economics, international trade, commercial policies. In 2014 she was Co-Lecturer at Faculty of Economics and Political Science, Cairo University, post graduate course: applied econometrics. In 2016 she was Lecturer at Misr International University, lecturing macroeconomics. In 2017 until date she is lecturing at the British University in Egypt lecturing international trade, economic globalisation, economics of Egypt, and challenges facing Egypt.
- PhD in 2016 in Economics from Cairo University
entitled 'Social Mobility in Egypt: an inter-generational approach'.
- MA in Economics from the University of London in 2000 in Development Finance.
- BA majoring in Economics and minoring in Psychology from the American University in Cairo (AUC).
- Social mobility,
- Poverty studies
- Elhini, M. (2021). "Carbon dioxide emissions: A dynamic panel analysis of energy intensive industries in Egypt", European Journal for Sustainable Development, 2021.
- Elhini, M., & Hammam, R. (2021). An Empirical Examination of the Impact of Economic Structural Change on Income Inequality: Dynamic Heterogeneous Panel Approach. European Journal of Sustainable Development, 10(1), 136. https://doi.org/10.14207/ejsd.2021.v10n1p136
- Elhini, M. and Hammam, R. (2021). "The impact of COVID-19 on the standard & poor 500 index sectors: a multivariate generalized autoregressive conditional heteroscedasticity model", Journal of Chinese Economic and Foreign Trade Studies, Vol. 14 No. 1, pp. 18-43. https://doi.org/10.1108/JCEFTS-08-2020-0049
- Elhini, M. (2019). “Inequality in Egypt: Age-Adjusted Gini Coefficient”, International Journal of Social Sciences and Education Research ,December
- Elhini, M. & Moursi, T. (2015). Social Mobility and Education: The Case of Egypt. International Journal of Social Sciences and Education Research, 1 (1), 49-63.
Carbon dioxide emissions: A Spatial Analysis of Energy Intensive Industries in Egypt, Proceedings of SEEP 2019, 18-21November 2019, UOS, Sharjah, UAE
The Economic Impacts of COVID-19 on the Tourism Global Value Chain, IGI Global, 2021 Books