Research Centre Administrator
- Centre for Law and Emerging Technologies
(Web Administrator | Researcher | Project Coordinator | Marketing Coordinator | Graphic Designer | Postgraduate Studies)
Mazen Abbas serves as the Research Centre Administrator for the Centre for Law and Emerging Technologies (CLETs) and the Journal of Law and Emerging Technologies (JOLETS) at the Faculty of Law at the British University in Egypt. Experienced with 4 years in leadership, organization, project management, web administration, graphic design and customer service by working in local and multinational organizations and companies such as Vodafone UK, Raya Contact Center, Enactus and many other professional associations.
- Web Administrator and developer for the websites and information systems of CLETs and JOLETS through integrating data from various back-end services and databases to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Centre.
- Marketing member and Project Coordinator for all existing projects in the Centre and the scientific Journal.
- Researcher, responsible for writing, collecting, organizing, and analysing concepts and data to solve problems, explore issues, and predict trends.
- Directing the preparation of financial reports summarising and estimating the Centre’s financial position such as income statements, balance sheets and analyses of future earnings and income, including developing budgets and monitoring expenditure.
- Maintaining a database of contact lists and financial resources.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by organising and attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies; preparing Centre’s reports and presentations.
He helps in Developing concepts, graphics and layouts for illustrations, social media marketing posts, and Centre’s websites as he has 7 years of personal/professional experience in graphic design.
It is worth mentioning that Mr. Mazen is a BUE Graduate, class 2018, with an overall B- in his graduation project.
He is known for being an active person. He held the position of president of Bdaya Charitable Foundation at the BUE, and at that time, he was still a university student, as well as being an academic member of the Students’ Union in 2013. He served as the Project Manager of the ‘Knowledge is Power’ Project at Life Makers Foundation, which was in partnership with Vodafone Egypt to eradicate illiteracy; targeting workers, doormen, and janitors at the 5th settlement in Egypt (2013 – 2015). He was also in charge of the management of digital media plans including developing recommendations and execution details as Head of Media of the Egyptian Association for political science students at the BUE in 2017.
This is in addition to his experience in the fields of journalism and the banking sector. He had an internship and was trained as a press editor by senior journalists in Al-Joumhouria newspaper. Then he published three sports news on one of the most prestigious sports news sites. After that, he was trained by senior managers and consultants in the banking sector in Egypt at Kick off Academy before joining the BUE Family.
Bachelor of Arts – BA focused on Political Science and Economics from The British University in Egypt.
Bachelor of Arts – BA focused on Political Science from Loughborough University.
>>Planning to have a master’s degree in cybercrime focusing on Laws against cybercrimes
The rise of the right-wing populist media in the United Kingdom and the United States of America, graduation project, 2018.