Dr. Tarek Hatem is the Director of the Center for Simulation Innovation and Advanced Manufacturing and Associate Director of Technology, Innovation and Commercialization Office at the British University in Egypt. He was also a visiting professor at Max-Planck-Institut für Eisenforschung GmbH, North Carolina State University, and Northwestern University. Prior to that he was a research associate at North Carolina State University where he received his PhD in Mechanical Engineering in 2009, and an MSc in Materials Science in 2008. Prior to that, he assumed several roles in industry and academia, and received both a BSc and an MSc in Aerospace Engineering from Cairo University. His research focuses on the area of materials modeling and processing, with a special focus on energy related materials.
- S.I. Salah, T.M. Hatem, E.E. Khalil, S.M. Bedair, (2019), ‘Embedded Void Approach Effects on Intrinsic Stresses in Laterally Grown GaN-on-Si Substrate,’ Materials Science and Engineering B, DOI:10.1016/j.mseb.2019.02.016
- K.H. Khafagy, T.M. Hatem, S.M. Bedair, (2018), ‘Impact of Embedded Voids on Thin-Films with High Thermal Expansion Coefficients Mismatch,’ Applied Physics Letters Vol. 112(4): 042109
- M.M. Hamza, M. Hindy, T.M. Hatem, J.A. El-Awady, (2018), ‘Effect of the Deviation from the Ideal Symmetry Plane on the Segregation and Diffusion of Hydrogen in α-Iron Σ3 (111) Grain Boundaries,’ MRS Communications pp 1-7. DOI:10.1557/mrc.2018.186
- M. Shehata, T.M. Hatem, W.A. Samad, (2018), ‘Experimental Study of Build Orientation in DMLS of 17-4PH Stainless Steel,’ 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing DOI: 10.1089/3dp.2017.0106
- M.M. Wagih, Y. Tang, T.M. Hatem, J.A. El-Awady (2015), ‘Discerning Enhanced Dislocation Plasticity in Hydrogen-Charged α-Iron Nano-Crystals,’ Materials Research Letters, 3(4), pp 184-189. DOI:10.1080/21663831.2015.1052889
- T.M. Hatem, M.A. Zikry, (2010), ‘Dynamic Shear-Strain Localization and Inclusion Effects in Lath Martensitic Steels Subjected to High Pressure Loads,’ J. of Mechanics & Physics of Solids, Vol. 58(8), pp. 1057-1072
- T.M. Hatem, M.A. Zikry, (2009), ‘Shear Pipes Effect and Shear-Strain Localization in Martensitic Steels,’ Acta Materialia, Vol. 57, pp. 4558-4567