Dr. Mahmoud Otaify has been working as lecturer of finance at BUE University. He obtained BSc of Finance and Investment with excellent/Honor grade from College of Business administration and Economics, Misr University for Science and Technology. Dr.Otaify holds both MSc and Ph.D. degrees in financial economics from Faculty of Economics and Political science, Cairo University in 2012 and 2018, respectively. The topic of MSc thesis is the determinants of Initial public offering of stocks while in the PhD. thesis, he investigated the response of volatility of characteristics-sorted portfolios to macroeconomic volatility. The PhD findings have been published in an article in international journal and in a book (monograph) issued by German publisher. His research interest is in corporate finance, market micro structure, asset pricing models and investment banking. Dr.Otaify has an experience in teaching several undergraduate courses such as portfolio management, corporate finance, financial markets and investment banking.
(09/2012 – 3/2018) Ph.D. in Financial Economics, Faculty of Economics & Political Science, Cairo University, Egypt.
(09/2008 – 08/2012) M.Sc. in Financial Economics, Faculty of Economics & Political Science, Cairo University, Egypt.
(09/2003 – 06/2007) B.Sc. in finance & investment, Collage of Business, Economics & Information Systems, Misr University for Science & Technology, Egypt.
Corporate Finance, Investment Banking, Market Micro structure, Asset Pricing
- Otaify, M.. Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Investing: Risk and Return Analysis of Egyptian Sustainable Equity Index. Accepted to be published in March, 2021, in Journal of Commercial and Financial Studies
- Dawood, A. and Otaify, M. (2021). Target Capital Structure of Egyptian Listed Firms: Importance of Growth and Risk Factors. International Journal of Financial Research, 12(1), 158-173. https://doi.org/10.5430/ijfr.v12n1p158. (Scopus index)
- Otaify, M. (2020). Modeling Volatility of Size, Value and Financial Leverage Sorted Portfolios: Evidence from Egyptian Stock Exchange. Journal of Public Affairs. https://doi.org/10.1002/pa.2369. (Scopus Index)
- Al-Samman, A. and Otaify, M. (2017). How does Volatility of Characteristics-sorted Portfolios respond to Macroeconomic Volatility? International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, 7(4), 300-315.
- Otaify, M., Egyptian Stock Exchange: Analysis of Performance & Activity (December 12, 2016). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3599555.
- Otaify, M. (2021). Equity Promoting and Underwriting in The Egyptian Capital Market. Preprint for a Book Chapter: DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.30256.48648
- Otaify, M. (2020). Macroeconomic Fundamentals and Stock Prices. Preprint for a Book Chapter: DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.33759.61606
- Otaify, M. (2018). Modelling Volatility of Characteristics-sorted Portfolios. Riga, Latvia: Scholars' Press. Retrieved from https://www.scholars-press.com