I am extremely privileged to have the opportunity to address and welcome you at the Faculty of Arts and Design (FAD), at this….
Message from the Dean
I am extremely privileged to have the opportunity to address and welcome you at the Faculty of Arts and Design (FAD), at this important moment when our Faculty is celebrating its first year.
It is always an honour to be able to motivate young minds. Today’s youth are the future of our country. Brilliant faces that I am witnessing today, their talents are the proof that they have the potential to become worthy citizens of our society and help themselves and others to achieve great success, fame and earn a decent living for themselves. But at the same, we wish them to be good human beings too, and make this world a better place to live in.
I would also like to welcome all the staff who have continuously supported us in our endeavor to spread the light of true knowledge as an integral part of this faculty and have always supported our vision and mission.
Lastly and Importantly, I trust that through our co-operation we will make a grand success.
To provide students with opportunities to become outstanding designers, planners and managers in all fields of Arts and Design, cinema & theatre, fashion, graphic & media art, interior design, product design and landscaped. We attain this by providing a context of professional education that emphasises intellectual development and creative activity, and is based on independent learning through a studio-based curriculum and research orientated thesis programmes.
To foster in graduating artists and designers the knowledge, skills and innovative practise enabling them to contribute to the development of the local and international community by excelling in their careers.
The Faculty of Arts and Design emphasis the role of The British University in Egypt (BUE) as a leader in the field of education, research and creativity. It aims to develop the impact of arts and design in raising community awareness and aesthetics in terms of quality assurance and international competitions.
It has five-year professionally oriented programmes designed to provide students with academic professional knowledge and creative practice in arts and design.
The faculty has four departments: Interior Architecture, Fashion & Textile, Fine Arts, Graphic and Media. Programmes are taught by a group of the best local and international faculty. This approach ensures our graduates have the creative skills to compete successfully in the professional field and have the potential to lead innovative practices within their sectors.
-Why Study in the faculty of Arts & Design?
The Faculty of Arts and Design at the British University in Egypt is effective and modern and offers
the most diverse range of Programmes in Egypt. The overall mission of the Faculty is to provide Egypt, and the Middle East, with a British style of education of the highest quality, and to supply graduates that feed and stimulate Artistic, industrial and commercial activities.
The Faculty will undertake high-quality academic and applied research of relevance to Arts,
industry and the economy of Egypt and the Middle East. The curricula offered in the Arts and
Design programmes emphasize both theoretical and practical aspects including design and
implementation. It provides students with the theoretical and practical skills that industry and employers require.
The Faculty of Arts and Design maintains close partnerships with industry in Egypt and beyond which substantially benefits the students. Arts and Design students study in an environment that encourages diversity and innovation. Staff are not just academic experts in their fields but often have ‘real-life’ practical experience, which they bring to their subjects, as well as close contacts with the ‘world of work’. In this way, students in the Faculty of Arts and Design learn not just what to think but how to think.
The Faculty of Arts and Design at BUE prepares its students to be competitive on the industrial
front and Arts fields, by allowing them to gain practical experiences, at an early stage, through the
summer Internship programmes, besides, to investigate and propose innovative solutions for
real-life industrial problems and challenges through their final year graduation projects.
-What are the offered degrees?
· BA (Hons) Arts and Design (Fine Art Mixed Media)
· BA (Hons) Arts and Design (Sculpture Installation)
· BA (Hons) Arts and Design (Photography)
· BA (Hons) Arts and Design (Illustration Animation)
· BA (Hons) Arts and Design (Game Design)
· BA (Hons) Arts and Design (Fashion Design)
· BA (Hons) Arts and Design (Textile)
· BA (Hons) Arts and Design (Interior Design)
· BA (Hons) Arts and Design (Scenography)
· To preserve national identity and cultural heritage to promote national and artistic values of Egyptian arts and industries in the light of modern and global trends.
· To activate the communication with the labour market and contribute to the provision of training, rehabilitation and the creation of a successful partnership.
· To Provide creative skills and abilities to develop innovative capabilities in arts and design with aesthetic values.
· To Inculcate the innovative mental development of the graduate artist, designed to be able to meet the needs of the artistic, scientific and practical community in local and regional work market at the level of creativity.
· To adopt creative thinking and scientific methodology for providing creative, technical and specialised advice to solve arts and design problems, as well as create the aesthetics communities for the development of the Egyptian society and cities.
Call 19 (BUE) 19283
El Sherouk City, Cairo, Egypt www.bue.edu.eg
Tel: (202) 268 900 00
010 112 967 57
010 009 677 35
010 22 430 86