- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Building: Nursing
- Employee type: Full-time
- Extension Number: 1904
- Room: 202
- Education History:
2017 Professorship in Nursing Administration, Ain-Shams University.
1997 PhD in Nursing Administration, Ain-Shams University.
1991 Master Degree in Nursing Administration, Cairo University.
1980 Bachelor Degree of Science in Nursing Cairo University.
Dalal Talaat Akel is a Professor at Faculty of nursing at the British University in Egypt. Dalal Talaat Akel got her Bachelor degree of Nursing Science in 1980 and her Master’s degree in 1991 from Cairo University. She got her PhD in Nursing Administration from Ain Shams University. She also got a Diploma in health care management from Canada 2005. She has participated in many training programs e.g program for medical team (continuous medical education in the field of family planning), program for quality nursing care, program for nursing management, program for development quality nursing care, program for infection control and role of management supervision, program for development nursing human resources. Prof. Dalal has taken part in several national and international conferences. She has well – recognized publications in international academic journals. She was Head of internship committee in government and private University and shared for writing internship bylaw for Governance University and private university. Prof Dalal participated has in a workshop for updating the National competency for nursing. Moreover, she participated in management program for nurses in Ministry of Health. In addition to her teaching experience in both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. She has supervised many Master’s and doctorate theses and has been an Internal and External examiner for these discussions. She has been a speaker and organizer for many workshops nationally and internationally. She has been a member and in charge of several committees in Ain Shams University and the British University. Now Professor Dalal is the Vice Dean of Nursing Faculty and is responsible for the Internship Programme. In addition, she is responsible for the Staff Development in Nursing Faculty- BUE.
- Fields of Interest:
• Working volunteer in NGO
• Organizational Development: A mean for Quality Improvement.
• A Self-Help Group Strategy on Nursing Students' Assertiveness.
• Effect of Management Training Provided in Internship Year on the Intern's Management Skills.
• Study of Absenteeism Rate and causes among Nurses Interns at the Faculty of Nursing, in ShamsUniversity.
• Patient's Characteristics and Lifestyle Recommendations for the Patients with Gastroesophagial Reflux Diseases.
• A Comparison of Patient needs as ranked by Patients and Nurses at Ain Sham University Hospitals
• A study of nurses' job satisfaction and motivation: The relationship to Nurse Managers' Leadership style.
• Developing intradepartmental nursing reporting systemat el–Demerdash university hospital.
• Assessment of Head Nurses′ Role in Suez Canal University Hospitals
• Graduate Nurse Role as Perceived by Nurse Students andNurse Teachers at Technical Institutes: A comparative study
• Nurses' Perception and Commitment to Patients' Rights in General Hospital.
• Assessment of using Educational Technology and Obstacles Faced the Teachers and Students at Faculties of Nursing in Egypt