- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Building: Dentistry
- Employee type: Full-time
- Education History:
- PhD - Doctrate Degree of Oral Radiology, Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine, Cairo University, 2016-present.
- Diploma In Total Quality Management – Health care Reforms: American University in Cairo (AUC) (2015).
- M.Sc - Master Degree of Oral Radiology, Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine, Cairo University, 2013.
- B.D.S - Bachelor Degree of Dental Science, Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine, Cairo University, 2006.
- Bio: Sherif Shafik is assistant lecturer of Oral Radiology at British University in Egypt, He started his career as resident in oral radiology department, sherif has been involved in research work on diagnostic accuracy of different radiographic modalities in assessment of dental lesions also he researched in the Bio-stimulation Effects of LASER throw his Masters and PhD degree.
He finished a Diploma In Total Quality Management – Health care Reforms: American University in Cairo (AUC) in 2015 and he was a co-organizer in the quality team of different dental faculties. He attend many courses and training programs such as:
Detailed course in conduction of systematic review Cochrane collaboration 2015.
Post Graduate courses in Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Education: Institutional self-evaluation cycle of higher education institutions at National Authority for Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Education (Oct 2012).
Learning outcomes and curriculum maps at National Authority for Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Education (Nov 2012).
External Audit Institutions of Higher Education at National Authority for Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Education (Apr 2013).
Post Graduate Course with 36 Credit hours in Oral Implantology, Suez Canal University (2010).
International computer Drive license (ICDL) (2010)
Post graduate training year in faculty of oral and dental medicine, Cairo University (2007).
Attendance for many scientific conferences
He is teaching oral and maxillofacial radiology for undergraduates and postgraduates including the principles of oral radiology, techniques of intraoral and extra oral radiology also the most recent modalities in the field of oral radiology. As well as the responsibility of the Cone Beam Computed Tomography unit in the faculty of Dentistry, British University in Egypt.
- Fields of Interest: My first main research focus on the diagnostic accuracy of the different oral radiology modalities specially the advanced modalities in the assessment of different dental lesion specially the most common type such as dental caries.
Also the research on the bio-modulation and bio-stimulation of the LASER radiation on the different oral and dental tissues and these effects on the dental implants which became one of the most popular line of treatment in dental rehabilitation cases.
- Ora Radiology
- Assessment of proximal caries using conventional, digital Radiography and Cone Beam Computed Tomography- In vitro study. (In progress)
- Evaluation of Bio-stimulation effect of Diode Laser on the dental implant with platelet -rich fibrin (PRF) using digital radiography- Randomized clinical trial- Split mouth study. (In progress)