- Email: Ahmed.Elkouedi@bue.edu.eg
- Building: N
- Employee type: Part-time
- Extension Number: 2016
- Room: Fixed Prosthodontics Dept.
- Education History:
- PhD - Doctrate degree of Crown and Fixed Prosthoodontics , Al-Azhar University, 2007.
- M.Sc. - Master degree of Crown and Fixed Prosthoodontics , Al-Azhar University, 2000.
- B.D.S. - Bachelor degree of Dental Science, Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine, Cairo University, 1994.
- Bio: Dr Ahmad El-Kouedi is currently an Associate Professor at Al-Azhar University. He has been in the university teaching positions from 1997.
Dr Ahmad has also taught at private universities. He was at Misr International University (MIU) for 5 years and is now a part time staff member at the British University in Egypt, where he has been acting head of department for the past 3 years.
While teaching, Dr Ahmad has a successful private practice, which he opened in 1996. With his ample experience in the field of fixed prosthodontics, he receives multiple referrals of difficult cases from general dental practioners.
His numerous research studies have been published in several national and international journals.
- Fields of Interest: My recent research interests include the application of newly introduced dental materials in the field of fixed prosthodontics. These new materials must be researched so that the best, proper manner of usage is known to gain the optimum benefits.
- Projects Supervised:
- Evaluation of cervical marginal gap of pressable versus CAD/CAM Endocrown restorations. ( Masters 2015)
- Evaluation of color, flexural strength and marginal fir of zirconia ceramics. (Doctorate 2015)
- Shear bond strength of two porcelain repairing systems using different surface preparation techniques. ( Masters 2016)
- Reinforcement of weakened root rested with different type of fiber post and core materials. (Masters 2016)
- Effect of artificial accelerated aging on surface roughness and color stability of different ceramic restoration. (Masters 2016)
- The accuracy of different interocclusal recording methods: An in-vitro study. (Masters 2016)
- Effect of bonding agents on the bond strength between different posts and core materials. (Masters 2016)
- Evaluation of the vertical marginal gap and fracture resistance of two machinable glass ceramics after thermomechanical cycling. (Masters 2018)
- Effect of Luting agent and surface treatment type on bond strength to a zirconia-based ceramic. (Masters 2018)
- Fixed Prosthodontics
- El-Kouedi A, Fathi A. Fracture Resistance of Composite Resin-Custom Made Crowns on Primary Molars (An Ex Vivo Study). Al-Azhar Dent J, 13;4:2010, p 11-15.
- Hamza TA, Elhamy T, Osman HI, El-Kouedi A. The effect of two polished techniques on enamel wear and surface roughness of dental porcelain. Egyptian Dental J, 57;4:2011, p855-61.
- Hamza TA, El-Kouedi A, Abdel Aziz MH. Effect of vacuum casting machine and sprue design in marginal accuracy. Ain Shams Dent J,15;4:2012, p31-37.
- Hamza TA, El-Hosary MK, El-Kouedi A, Abdel Aziz MH. Effect of impression materials and techniques on dimensional and occlusal accuracy of resultant casts. Al-Azhar Dent J, 15;4:2012, p24-30.
- El-Kouedi A, Omar EA, Abel Aziz MH. Effect of surface treatment of the shear bond strength between a zirconia core and veneering porcelain. Egyptian Dent J, 60;2:2014, p 353-58.
- Omar EA, El-Badawy AA, Abel Aziz MH, El-Kouedi A. Effect of Groove Placement on Marginal Accuracy of Ceramic Partial Coverage Crowns. Ain Shams Dent J, 18;6:2015, p157-162.
- Omar EA, Abel Aziz MH, El-Kouedi A, El-Badawy AM. Effect of Silica-gel Addition on Colour Stability of two Provisional Restorative Materials. Egyptian Dent J,61,10:2015, p4223-31.
- Metwally MF, El-Hosary MK, Hamza TA, El-Kouedi A. Effect of different implant superstructure on stress distribution using finite element analysis. Al Azhar Dent J, 19;1:2016, p45-52.
- Hamza TA, Alameldin AA, El-Kouedi A, Wee AG. Effect of artificial accelerated aging on surface roughness and color stability of different ceramic restoration. Stomatological Disease and Science,1;March:2017, p8-13.
Fundamentals of Fixed Prosthodontics: Third Year Course, Part II. Page 1-95. Crown & Bridge Dept, Al-Azhar University, 20017.