- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Building: N
- Employee type: Full-time
- Extension Number: 2020
- Room: Oral Biology Dept.
- Education History:
- Ph.D - Doctrate Degree of Oral Biology, Faculty of Dentistry, Ain Shams University, 2004.
- M.Sc. - Master Degree of Oral Biology, Faculty of Dentistry, Ain Shams University, 2000.
- B.D.S. - Bachelo Degree of Dental Science, Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine, Cairo University, 1994.
- Bio: Reham Magdy is Professor and Head of the Department of Oral Biology . She took her B.D.S. in 1994 from Cairo University, Egypt. She had her M.Sc., 2000 , then her Ph.d. in 2004 from Ain Shams University, Egypt.
Reham worked as a Demonstrator in Department of Oral Biology, Ain Shams University, from 31-7-1996 to 19-1-2001. Then she worked as a Teaching Assistant, from 20-1-2001 to 29-8-2004. She was promoted and worked as a Lecturer from 30-8-2004 to 30- 8-2009, then as an Assistant Professor from 30-8-2009 till 7-2015. On 7-2015 she was promoted as a Professor.
Reham has an experience in working in some high educational Institutions. She worked as a Part Timer Lecturer ( 2004-2009) then associate professor (2009-2012) of Oral Biology , Misr International University (MIU) . She began working as a Part Timer Ass. Prof. (2012-2105) then as a Full timer Professor of Oral Biology and HOD in The British university in Egypt (BUE) since 2015.
Reham took part in Faculty activities and had other posts . She is now the Program Director and Prep year coordinator of the Faculty of Dentistry , BUE.
She worked as the Head of post graduate control ( Diploma’s Grade) , Ain Shams University. She was also Member in number of committees , The education and students affairs committee, in Laboratories and Labs Committee, and in environmental protection and society development committee , Faculty of Dentistry, Ain Shams University.
Prof. Reham had also Quality assurance posts and certificates. She is the now the Vice-Director of Quality Assurance Unit , Faculty of Dentistry, British University in Egypt .
She worked as a Vice-Director of Quality Assurance Unit , member of quality of Educational Programs , CIQAP Project, and the head of Educational Programs and NARS file during the accreditation process, Faculty of Dentistry, Ain Shams University.
- Workshop on separation and implantation of stem cells from umbilical cord and Bone Marrow, 2007.
- Transmition and scanning electron microscope course in the central lab in Faculty of Science- Ain Shams University. July 2006.
- Basics of Biotechnology seminar ,9 April , 2011.
- Fields of Interest: Since joining academia, her research interest was focusing on studying histological and microstructure of different oral tissues . Also the effect of natural extracts to overcome hazards caused by administration of drugs.
- Human Dentition
- Oral Biology
- Faculty Program Director
- Prep Year Coordinator
International Publications, and Conference Papers:
- Reham.M, Methat El Zainy, Suzi F.: study on submandibular and sublingual salivary glands of streptozotosin diabetic albino rats. Histological and immunohistochemical .The international Conference in Reiad, 2004.
- Reham.M and Rania M.:Ectopic presence of an extra cusp on the mesiobuccal cusp of the permanent upper second molar. Presented and Accepted for publication in First International conference 2009 , Faculty of Dentistry, Tanta University.
- Khalid. H., Nabil, F. Reham. M: Study of the effect of gamma radiation on hard dental tissues of albino rats: using scanning electron microscope. Radiation Effects & Defects in Solids Vol. 166, No. 12, December 2011, 927–934.
- Dina, M, Suzi F., Reham.M: Bisphosphonates Reverse the Rapid Deterioration of Bone Cells Following Corticosteroids.Journal of American Science 2012;8(12).
- Reham ,A, Reham M., Zuzi F.:Isolation and Osteogenic Differentiation of Human Adult Dental Pulp Stem Cells. Journal of Applied Sciences Research, 9(3): 1409-1414, 2013.
- Reham ,A, Reham M., Zuzi F. Human Dental Pulp Stem Cells Isolation and Osteogenic Differentiation International Dental Journal;63 (Suppl.1): 168-1169, 2013.
- Rabab, H., Reham.M., Suzi F. The Possible Protective Role of Pretreatment with Garlic on Irradiated Albino Rats Filiform Papillae. International J. of radiation oncology, 2013.
- Khalid H., Reham M., Methat Z., Nabil. F., : Effects of gamma radiation on hard dental tissues of albino rats using light microscope. Radiation and Environmental Biophysics, 2013.
- Reham. M. & Amany R., Prevalence of two variants of mandibular second premolars in the Egyptian populations. Presented as a poster and Accepted for publication in the first international conference for faculty of Dentistry Ain Shams University. Published in 1 January, 2015, International Journal of Academic Research, Vol. 7. No.
- Reham. M.& Sonia A., :Patterns of palatal rugae among adult .Egyptian population.Egyptian Journal of Forensic Sciences – 2015- Received accepted 12 January 2015 (Contents lists available online) at Direct Science. Hosting by Elsevier B.V. on behalf of The International Association of Law and Forensic Sciences (IALFS).
- Reham M. & Dalia G.,: Involvement of Heat Shock Proteins 60 in Acetyl Salicylic Acid Radioprotection of Albino Rat Submandibular Salivary Gland.Journal of Radiation Research and Applied Sciences 19-MAY-2015.
- Noha K.& Reham M.: Protective & corrective efficacy of xylitol versus fluoride on primary teeth enamel subjected to in vitro demineralization by chlorinated pool water. International J. of Dentistry and Oral Health, 2016, 2:5, and Presented as a poster and Accepted for publication in the first international conference for faculty of Dentistry Ain Shams University.
- Shereen N Raafata, Reham M Aminb, Mohey M Elmazarc, Mahmoud M Kattabd, Aiman El-Khatib. The sole and combined effect of simvastatin and platelet rich fibrin as a filling material in induced bone defect in tibia of albino rats. ONE (ELS) 2018 .
- Reham M. & Suzi F.: The Effect of Early Weaning and Prolonged Nursing on Postnatal Development of Tongue Papilla of Albino rats. The Egyptian Association for histology and cytology conference , 15 ,2005.
- Ahmed H.& Reham M., : The effect of 50HZ, 0.2MT magnetic field on parotid salivary gland. An experimental , histological and immunohistochemical study.Egyptian Dental Journal , 2007.
- Reham M. & Rania M:Root and Canal Morphology of Egyptian Mandibular First Permanent molars.Al Azhar Dental Journal, 2007.
- Reham M. & Rania M:An Atomic Force Microscopic Study on the Male and Female Dentin Structure. Accepted for publication as a poster in The Egyptian Association for histology and cytology conference ,2007.
- Reham M. & Rania M : A study on the External and Internal Root Anatomy of Egyptian Maxillary First Permanent Molar .Accepted for publication as a poster in the first international conference for Faculty of oral and dental medicine , Cairo University . And Published in the Cairo Dental Journal , 2008.
- Reham M., Neveen A : Study on The Periodontium of Pregnant, Lactating and Virgin Rats Clinical, Histological and Immunohistochemical .Egyptian dental journal, 2008.
- Reham M.,& Nehal S.: Microscopic and Histomorphometric Assessments of Various Osteo-conductive bone Graft materials -Egyptian dental journal, 2009, (In Vivo Study).
- Reham M.,& Abeer M : Histomorphometric assessment for the osteoconductive potentiality of three bone grafting materials. Egyptian dental journal, 2009.
- Reham. M : Dental Pulp Alterations of Streptozotocin –Induced Diabetic Rabbits (Ultra structural and Immunohistochemical study)The scientific Azhar Dental journal , 2010.
- Rania A, Reham M.,Suzi F: Histological and histochemical study of the preventive action of ginger on submandibular and sublingual salivary glands of rats after lead intoxication .The scientific Azhar Dental journal, 2011.
- Reham M & Abeer G: Surface Morphology Alterationsin Human Radicular Dentin Subjected to Different Irrigating Agents.Egyptian dental journal , 2012.
- Enaas M, Reham M Suzi F: The Effect of Green tea, Milk and their Mixture on the Enamel Surface of Human anterior teeth (Scanning Electron Microscope Attached with Energy Dispersive X-ray Analyzer study).Ain Shams Dental Journal , 2013.
- Reham M. & Kareem B., : Evaluation of the Effect of Three Different Core Root Canal Filling Materials on the Viability of BHK Fibroblasts Using MTT Assay and Transmission Electron Microscope Egyptian dental journal , 2014.
- Rania A., Reham M., Suzi F.: A view on the possible effect of Curcumin on decelerating the histological and vascular alterations in dental pulp of Streptozotocine diabetic Newzeland Rabbits .Egyptian dental journal , 2015.
- Reham M. : The individual influence of Celecoxib (selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor) and its co administration with Green tea extract on Cyclooxygenase-2 distribution in the sublingual salivary gland of albino ratsEgyptian dental journal, 2015.
- Caroline M, Methat Z., Reham M: The Possible Effect Of An Anti-Oxidant with Two Dental Irritants On Radicular Dentin Microhardness And Surface Morphology. In Vitro Study Using Vickers Hardness Tester And Scanning Electron Microscope. Ain Shams Dental Journal , 2016.
- Assia m, Reham M, Rania A.: A Comparative Study of Bleaching With Hydrogen Peroxide Versus Carbamide Peroxide on Enamel Surface and the Effect of Amorphous Calcium Phosphate Application Following Bleaching (Scanning Electron Microscope Attached With Energy Dispersive X-ray Analyzer Study)Ain Shams Dental Journal , 2017.
- Randa M., Reham M., Nabil F.: The Possible Effect of Garlic and Cinnamon on Induced Mucositis in Buccal Mucosa of Albino Rats Subjected to Gamma Radiation Ain Shams Dental Journal , 2018.
- Noha K & Reham M.: Protective & corrective efficacy of xylitol versus fluoride on primary teeth enamel subjected to in vitro demineralization by chlorinated pool water .International Journal of Dentistry and Oral Health, Volume 2 Issue 5, October 2016. Second International conference Ain Shams University 2017.