- Building: N
- Employee type: Part-time
- Extension Number: 2003
- Room: 309
- Education History:
Former Head of Endodontics Department, Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine, Cairo University.
Professor of Endodontics Department, Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine, Cairo University, 1995.
Chairman of Endodontic Department, Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine, Cairo University, 2004-2010.
Course Director for post graduate study, Faculty of Dentistry, Cairo University, 2004.
Course Director in Continuous Educational Courses in many Arab Universities, 2004-2010.
Board Member of Egyptian Association of Endodontist, (EAE).
Member of Egyptian Association of Dental Surgeons.
Visiting Professor at King Soud University, Riyadh, 1986. Visiting Professor at Tripoli, Benghazi, Libya, 2004-2010.
Visiting Professor at Beirut Arab University, 2010.
Associate Professor of Endodontics Department, Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine, Cairo University, 1986-1989.
Lecturer of Endodontics Department, Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine, Cairo University, 1983-1986.
A. Lecturer of Endodontics Department, Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine, Cairo University 1976-1983.
Demonstrator of Endodontics Department, Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine, Cairo University, 1974-1976.
- The Influence Of Smear Layer On Depth Of Penetration And Adaptation Of Three Different Root Canal Sealers (Emara N, Medhat ABD El Rahman Kataia, Sabet N and Abdel Kader K ) ( April 2014 EGYPTIAN Dental Journal).
- An Evaluation Of The Cleaning Efficacy Of Protaper Rotary Files Versus Hedstrom Hand Files In The Removal Of Gutta-Percha And Resilon Obturating Materials During Root Canal Retreatment " An In Vitro Study" (Noha A. Said, Medhat ABD El Rahman Kataia, Hoda A. Saleh and Geraldine M. Ahmed) ( September 2013 Cairo Dental Journal).
- Adaptability And Interface Assessment Of Thermafil Obturator, Soft-Core System And Continuous Wave Of Obturation Using A Split Tooth Model " An In Vitro Study" (Samar Hassan El-Kassas,Mohsen Nur El-Deen, Medhat ABD El Rahman Kataia, Maged Negm ) ( May 2012 Cairo Dental Journal)
- Reaction of dog's dental pulp tissue to white mineral trioxide aggregate compared to dia root Bio aggregate as pulp capping materials. "An in vivo study" (2011 Cairo Dental Journal)
- Shaping Ability, Centering Ability And Cutting Efficency In Curved Root Canals Using S5 Endo Files Versus A Regular System (Pare 1. Shaping Ability In Curved Canals) (Mohammed A. Abou EL Seoud, Medhat ABD El Rahman Kataia, Samia M. EL-Sherief) ( January 2011 Egyptian Dental Journal)
- Clinical And Radiographic Study To Evaluate The Use Of Bioresorbable Guided tissue membrane and Bone graft Material In Bone Healing Of Large Periapical Osseous Defects. (Mohamed Nageh, Medhat ABD El Rahman Kataia, Gihan A. Omar) ( JULY 2011 Egyptian Dental Journal)
- An in vitro evaluation of smear layer removal by using Navitip Fx irrigation needle. (Abozor, Kataia M , El Sherif S )(July 2011 Egyptian Dental Journal)(EDJ)
- Comparative Evaluation of the preparation efficacy of mtwo, race and hero shaper rotary Instruments in curved root canals. (Egyptian Dental Journal) (Hagar A N Bastawy, Mervat Fawzy, Medhat AR Kataia ) (2011)
- Bond strength of three root canal sealers on root dentine irradiated with LASER. (In vitro study). (Medhat ABD El Rahman Kataia, Mohamed Awni A Farra )(Cairo Dental Journal ,number(1) 159:168;January,2011)
- Reaction OF Dogs' Dental Pulp Tissue To White Mineral Trioxide Aggregate Compared To Dirroot Bioaggregate As Pulp Capping Materials"An In Vivo Study" (Karam Salah AL-Daour, Medhat Abd EL-Rahman Kataia) (Cairo Dental Journal,26,793:799, ASeptember,2010)
- Evaluation Of Teeth Pulp Condition Treatment Plan, And Prognosis, A Comparative Study In A group Of Diabetic And NON-Diabetic Patients (Roula Salim Abiad,Salsabyl Mohamed Ibrahim,Medhat Abd EL-Rahman Kataia) (Cairo Dental Journal,26,759:765, ASeptember,2010)
- Endodontic Microbiological Flora in genetically disordered patients, Non vital exposed pulps In vivo study (Research journal of medicine and medical sciences 4(1):111-127-2009 (Hassib NF, E-badry TH, Kataia M, Ramzy M.I, El.Hilali G)
- Apical seal ana adaptation of thermal versus system B of root canals prepared with rotary Nickel Titanium instruments (In vitro study). (Hagar ABD El Naby, Medhat ABD El Rahman Kataia, Mohamed Ali El Yasake, Alaa El Din Diab) (Egyptian Dental Journal,54,953:90, April,2008)
- Effect of LASER treatment on adaptation of Gutta-Perchs as root end filling. (Hassan AA, Kataia A.M) (Zahnheilkundej, Berlin 18/5 May 2006)
- An Invitro Assessment Of Sealing Ability Of Threaded Versus Smooth Pins As Endodontic Stabilizers (M. A. Kataia and S. EL-Ashry ) 1991
- Comparative Study Of The Sealing Ability Of Retrofilling Techniques As comrrelated To marginal Adaptation (Madiha M.Gomaa, Nageb Adul Enein, and Medhat Abd EL Rahman) 1990
- DIffusibility OF Chemotherapeutic Agents Through Root Canal Dentin"A Comparative In vitro Analysis" (MEDHAT A.KATAIA) 1989
- The effect of some Irrigating Solutios on The wettability Of dentin by Two root canal Cements (ADEL M.EL-Khodary) (MEDHAT A.KATAIA) 1988