- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Building: G
- Employee type: Full-time
- Extension Number: 1504
- Room: 123
- Education History:
- ICPSR Summer Program Quantitative Methods of Social Research at University of Michigan, USA.
- A Post-Doc Research fellowship/visit to Brown University's Advanced Research Institute, USA.
- A Post-Doc Research fellowship/visit to the Danish Institute for Human Right (DIHR), Denmark.
- PhD in International Relations, Faculty of Economics and Political Science, Cairo University.
- PHD in International Development, the American University of London.
- MA in Development, the American University in Cairo.
- BSc in Political Science, Faculty of Economics and Political Science, Cairo University.
- Bio: Dr. Yasmin Khodary has been working in development in areas of education, governance, anti-corruption, public participation and democracy for the past 15 years. Dr. Khodary is proud to have supervised and prepared, for the first time in Egypt, governance assessments for three lively sectors: education, health, and water and sanitation based on nationally owned governance indicators. This work received the Certificate of Honor from Coady Institute of Governance in Canada.
Moreover, she has organized - for the first time in Egypt- community dialogues over anti-corruption legislations and have organized a series of meetings with different stakeholders inside the Ministry of Planning to institutionalize participatory planning.
Throughout the past years, she won the BUE Young Investigators’ Grant, the Associate of Middle East and Africa Grant, the UNDP-PACDE Project Award on Corruption Risks in Health & Education, the Democratic Governance Thematic Trust Fund (DGTTF) Project Award from the UNDP on Youth Engagement and Participation, and Democratic Governance Thematic Trust Fund (DGTTF) Project Award from the UNDP on fighting corruption in Egypt.
Dr. Khodary is the winner of Shoman Prize for Arab Researchers, Ahmed Bahaa Eldin Research, and Writing Award for Young Authors and the Fellowship of Merit from the AUC. Furthermore, Adam Smith International has selected her for a three weeks practical training in London on public policy and policy papers making, and presenting. She has also been selected by DAAD among Arab Policy Makers in the field of education to engage in a one month professional Program in Germany including spending two weeks in the German Bundestag to observe higher education policy-making in Germany.
Dr. Khodary is also a member of several scientific and professional communities, such as the Associate of Middle East and Africa (ASMEA), the Society for Research into Higher Education (SRHE) in London, the Political Studies Association (PSA) in London, the Academic Integrity Network by Transparency International, the Association for Middle Eastern Public Policy and Administration (AMEPPA), the EU-Middle East Forum (EUMEF), the Good Governance in Medicine (GGM) Network by WHO, the Good Governance in Health Network by WHO.
- Fields of Interest:
- Public Policy.
- Corruption Research and Measurement.
- Gender Studies and Women Rights.
- Resistance Movements
- Introduction to Development.
- Final Year Project.
- Research methods.
- Latin America Conflict and Order.
- International Relations.
- Introduction to Political Science.
- Sub-Saharan African Politics.
- Gender and Politics.
- Government and Politics of the Middle East
- Module Leader.
- BAEPS Faculty Library Coordinator.
- NAQAAE Officer.
- Khodary, Y. (2018). What Difference Can It Make? Assessing the impact of gender equality and empowerment in matters of inheritance in Egypt. The Journal of the Middle East and Africa, 1-21.
- Khodary, Y. (2016). Women and Peace Building in Iraq". Journal of Peace Review: A Journal of Social Justice. Taylor & Francis, 28:499-507.
- Khodary, Y. (2016). Good Governance: A New Perspective for Institutional Reform- A Comparative View of the Education, Health and Water Sectors in Egypt”. International Journal of Public Policy, vol. 12, issue 3/4/5/6, pp. 359-377.
- Khodary Y. (2016). Public Participation in Public Policy: Case Studies on Egypt’s Right to Information Draft Law and National Plan”. International Journal of Political Science and Development. 4(1): 16-25.
- Khodary, Y. (2016). Good Governance and Anti-Corruption: Conceptualization and Measurements. Journal of the Faculty of Economics and Political Science. Volume 17. No. 4. Cairo University.
- Khodary Y. (2016). Good Governance in Basic Education in Egypt: Paradoxical or Self Explanatory?”. International Journal of Political Science and Development. 3(9): 400-411.