- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Building: A
- Employee type: Full-time
- Extension Number: 1439
- Room: 215
- Education History:  Ain Shams University, Faculty of Engineering, Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) with Hons., Dept. of Design and Production Eng.  Ain Shams University, Faculty of Engineering, Master of Science (M.Sc.), Dept. of Design and Production Eng.  Loughborough University, Wolfson School of Mechanical and Manufacturing, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
- Bio: Sameh is an assistant lecturer at the department of Mechanical Engineering at The British University in Egypt. He has been working there since 2008. He received both his M.Sc. and B.Sc. From the Design and Production Engineering Department at Ain Shams University, Egypt, in the field of advanced manufacturing. He is currently doing his Ph.D. at wolfson school of mechanical and manufacturing at Loughborough University, UK. developing new machining techniques using UAM.
- Fields of Interest: Machining, Advanced manufacturing, Non traditional machining, CNC, WCEDM, Ultrasonic assisted machining, Abrasive Flow Machining, Waterjet Machining
- Projects Supervised: 1. Design and Manufacturing of a CNC bench top Milling machine. 2. Surface Roughness Improvements of workpieces machined using cylindrical wire cut EDM 3. Force reduction when utilizing UAM on different workpiece materials 4. Design of fixtures for abrasive flow machining of ZMC compressor base. 5. Design of AWJM table for tank sprocket machining. 6. Design of electromagnetic movable fixture for educational elab.
1. H. A. Senbel, M. R. A. Attia and and S. M. A. Mahdy, "Effects of Wire-EDM Variables on Surface Roughness, Micro Hardness, Kerf Thickness and Rate of Metal Removal" , Journal of Al Azhar university, Engineering Sector, JAUES, 2011, vol. 6, no. 18, pp. 305-319 , 2011. 2. S M A Mahdy, M A Gouda and V V Silberschmidt, “Study of ultrasonically assisted turning of stainless steel and brass alloys”, Journal of Physics: Conference Series 2011, vol. 451 012037, 2013, doi:10.1088/1742-6596/451/1/012037. 3. Vadim V. Silberschmidt, Sameh M.A. Mahdy, Moustafa A. Gouda, Ahmed Naseer, Agostino Maurotto, Anish Roy, Surface-roughness Improvement in Ultrasonically Assisted Turning, Procedia CIRP, Volume 13, 2014, Pages 49-54, ISSN 2212-8271, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.procir.2014.04.009.