- Email: email@example.com
- Building: G
- Employee type: Full-time
- Extension Number: 1603
- Room: G/106
- Education History:
Dr. Ann Nosseir is an associate professor at the British University in Egypt. She has finished her Ph.D. in Computer Science Dept. of Computer and Information Sciences, University of Strathclyde in 2008.
She has worked as a post-graduate researcher at University of Oxford Brookes (UK) in 2010-2011 and at University of Bath (UK) in 2007-2008.
- Fields of Interest:
Human Computer Interaction, Advanced Human Computer Interaction, Software Engeering1, System Design Software Architecture, Web Programming, Mobile Computing, and Culture and Change Management
- Projects Supervised:
- Towards Eliminating Music-Learning Difficulties for Amateur Pianists - Developing a mobile app to support the patients at the hospital and optimize the nursing effort - A navigation system to assist blind people - Intelligent facial detector system for car accident reduction - Developing a mobile app to enhance the workout performance - Develop an application to sort and search music by echo print - Smart Dealer - Information retrievals and classification for facebook chat system - Kinect Control - Highly Secured Private Email Client with Server Customization of Data Storage
- Modules: Human Computer Interaction, Advanced Human Computer Interaction, Software Engeering1, System Design Software Architecture, Web Programming, Mobile Computing, and Culture and Change Management
- Research projects: She has awarded funds to support her research. She has awarded the Researcher Links Travel Grants 2015-2016 by UK and STDF and recently, the German-Egyptian Research Fund (GERF) 2017-2019.
Hesham, A., Nosseir, A. and Karam, O. A Novel System for Music Learning using Low Complexity Algorithms. Int. Journal of Applied Information Systems 6(4), October, 2013. Pp.22-29·
- Nosseir, A., Harrison, R., Flood, D. and Ibrahim, O., Mobile Development Process Spiral, IEEE International Conference on Computer Engineering & Systems (ICCES’2012 ), Cairo, Egypt, November 2012.
- El-Seoud S.,Taj-Eddin I. and Nosseir A., Using Handheld Mobile System for Teaching Illiterates. IEEE 17th International Conference on Interactive Collaborative Learning (ICL2014). 2014, Dubai, UAE, December 2014 ·
Nosseir A., & Terzis S., Novice User Perception of e-Services: A Study in the Egyptian Public Sector, in Proceedings of IEEE AEECT Conference, Jordan, December 2011.