- Email: email@example.com
- Extension Number: 1609
- Room: G/107
- Education History:
B.S. 1992, Electronics and Electrical Communications, Faculty of Engineering,Cairo University, Egypt.
M.S. 1998, Electronics and Electrical Communications, Faculty of Engineering,Cairo University, Egypt
Thesis Title: "Adaptive fuzzy filters"
Ph.D. 2003, Electronics and Electrical Communications, Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, Egypt
Thesis Title: “Learning and coordinating fuzzy behaviors for mobile robot using GA”
- Dr. Abeer Hamdy is a Lecturer in the Faculty of Informatics and Computer Science at the British University in Egypt since 2009.
Prior to joining BUE, she has been a Teaching Assistant (1992-1996) with the 10th of Ramadan higher technological institute in Egypt,
an Assistant Researcher (1996-2003),
Research Scientist (2003-2009) with Electronics research institute in Egypt.
She has worked as a part time Lecturer with several private universities in Egypt and University of Central Florida in the United States.
- Dr. Hamdy received her B.Sc. degree with honors, M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in Electronics and Electrical communications from the Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University in 1992, 1998,2003 respectively.
She has been awarded two fellowships from Academy of Scientific Research in Egypt to conduct post doctoral research at University of Connecticut (2005-2006) and University of Central Florida (2007-2008) at the United States.
- Her research interest includes software engineering , Robotics, Fuzzy systems, Parallel Computing and BitTorrent systems.
April 2013 - Present :
Associate Professor Faculty of Informatics and Computer Science, British University in Egypt (BUE), Egypt.
Oct. 2009 – April 2013
Lecturer Faculty of Informatics and Computer Science, British University in Egypt (BUE), Egypt.
2003 – 2009
Research Assistant Professor Computers and Systems Department Electronics Research Institute (ERI) Egypt.
Part Time Lecturer and Post Doc. Fellow Networking and Simulation Lab. School of electrical and computers engineering University of Central Florida Florida, United States
Feb. – Sept. 2009
Part time Research Scientist Blue Gene Lab National Authority for Remote Sensing and Space Science Egypt.
2008 – 2009
Part time Lecturer Institute of Aviation and Aerospace Science. Egypt.
2008 – 2009
Part time Lecturer Information Technologies School Misr for Science and Technology University Egypt.
Part time Lecturer Computers and Systems School Akhbar Elyom Academy Egypt.
Visiting Research Scientist High Performance Computing Lab. Computers and Systems Department University of Connecticut Connecticut, United States.
Research Assistant Computers and Systems Department Electronics Research Institute (ERI) Egypt.
Teaching Assistant Electrical Engineering Department Higher Technological Institute Egypt.
- Fields of Interest:
Advanced Object-Oriented Software Engineering
Analysis of Algorithms,
Software Engineering II,
Software Development for Real-time Systems.
- Projects Supervised:
- Fuzzy Logic for software effort estimation
- Neural networks for web effort estimation
- Text to Morse (Android)
- Image Steganography (Android)
- Flight Tracker Application (Android)
- Reporting system (Android) - Android application to assist visually impaired with outfit coordination.
- Help: Location based mobile application
- Egypt city guide (Android)
- Blood Pressure monitoring (Android)
Introduction to problem solving and programming using C.
Object Oriented Programming using C++/Java.
Software Engineering II.
Advanced object oriented software engineering (Patterns & Frameworks).
Software Development for Real-Time Systems.
Analysis of algorithms.
Parallel and Distributed Systems.
Digital Logic Design.
- Research projects:
-research member with the following project:
“Design of a Robot for an Industrial Application”, ASRT (Egypt) fund, PI: Aziza Zaki (ERI), Co-PI: Mohamed Sherief (ERI), 2004-2007.
-junior scientist with the following project:
"Efficient Scheduling Strategies for Real-Time Applications in Cluster Environments with Possible Processor failure" NSF and Egypt-USA fund, $59,904, PI: Reda Ammar (USA), Co-PI: Ayman El-Dousky (Egypt), September 2004-August 2006.
-One of the consortium partners (BUE) in the following project“Many-core programming and Resource Management for High-Performance ” (Many-No.10021), ITEA2,fund 4,000,000 L.E., it reached Call 5 and got labeled in 7th December, 2010.
-Submitted the following project:“Light-weight anti-strategic security policies for P2P media streaming ”to US-Egypt joint science and technology board (I.D. Code:INF12-001-004), 2008
1. Abeer Hamdy, “Genetic fuzzy system for enhancing effort estimation models”, 3 rd International conference on system engineering and modeling (ICSEM 2014), May 20-21,2014, Paris, France.
2. Basem Ibrahim and Abeer Hamdy, “Building Semantic Maps for High-Level Task Planning of Mobile Robot”, IEEE 1st International Conference on New Paradigms in Electronics and Information Technologies (PEIT '011) Oct. 09-12, 2011, Alex., Egypt.
3. Basem Ibrahim and Abeer Hamdy, “Textual Signs for Semantic High-Level Task Planning of Mobile Robot” IEEE 1st International Conference on New Paradigms in Electronics and Information Technologies (PEIT '011) Oct. 09-12, 2011, Alex., Egypt.
4. Aziza Zaki, Osama Arafa,Sanaa Amer, Abeer Hamdy, “Mobile Robot Positioning Using Odometry and Ultrasonic Sensors”, IEEE 1st International Conference on New Paradigms in Electronics and Information Technologies (PEIT '011) Oct. 09-12, 2011, Alex., Egypt.
5. Abeer Hamdy and Ratan Guha, "Characterization of Bit Torrent Systems Based on Performance and Features". 2nd International Multi-Conference on Complexity, Informatics and Cybernetics (IMCIC 2011), Orlando, Fl, USA, March 27th - 30th ,2011
6. Abeer Hamdy, “Scheduling real-time indivisible loads with special resource allocation requirements on cluster computing”, 6th international Conference on Cybernetics and Information Technologies, Systems and Applications: CITSA, Orlando, Florida, USA, July 2009. (Received Best presentation and paper award).
7. Reda Ammar, Rajasekaran Sanguthevar, Ahmed Hussein and Abeer Hamdy, "Efficient Scheduling of Real-time Tandem Task Graphs on Heterogeneous Clusters with Network Limitations", 12th IEEE International Symposium on Computers and communications (ISCC '07), Aveiro, Portugal, July 2007.
8. Abeer Hamdy, Ahmed Hussein, and Reda Ammar, “Efficient Workload Allocation to Schedule Fork-Join Real-Time Task Graphs on a Cluster Computing Platform" Inproceeding of ICENCO'2006, 2nd International Computer Engineering Conference Engineering the Information Society, Cairo, Egypt, Dec. 2006.
9. Ahmed Hussein, Reda Ammar and Abeer Hamdy, “Efficient Workload Allocation to Schedule Tandem Real-Time Task Graphs in a Cluster Computing Environment”, 19th International conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing Systems (PDCS 2006), San Francisco, California, USA, September 2006.
10. Reda Ammar, Abeer Hamdy and Ahmed Hussein, “Efficient Execution of Real-Time Tasks on a Single Processor”, 6th IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology, Vancouver, Canada, August 27th -30th , 2006.
11. Abeer Hamdy, Ahmed Hussien and Reda Ammar, “An efficient workload allocation to improve scheduling real-time tasks”, 11th IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications ISCC 06, Pula-Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy June 2006.
12. Ahmed Hussien, Reda Ammar, and Abeer Hamdy, “Efficient processing power utilization to execute real-time tasks”, 5th IEEE Symposium on Signal Processing and Information technology ISSPIT 05, Athens, Greece, December 2005.
13. Abeer Hamdy, Ashraf Abdelwahab, Hanan Kamal, “Evolving Fuzzy behaviors”, IEEE international conference on industrial electronics, technology & automation, Cairo, Egypt, December 2001.
1. Noha Kareem, Abeer Hamdy, Khaled Nagaty," Android Application to Assist Visually Impaired with Outfit Coordination", ”, International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA), Volume 108, No.19, pp. 11-19, December 2014.
2. Abeer Hamdy, “Genetic fuzzy system for enhancing effort estimation models”, International Journal of modeling and optimization (IJMO) , Volume 4, No.3, June 2014.
3. Abeer Hamdy , Ahmed Youssef, Reda Ammar, “Efficient Scheduling of Real-Time Parallel Applications on Clusters” , International Journal of Computer Science & Information Technology (IJCSIT), October 2012.
4. Abeer Hamdy, “Fuzzy Logic for enhancing the sensitivity of COCOMO cost model”, Journal of Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Sciences (CIS), Volume 3 , No.9, September 2012.
5. Basem Ibrahim, Abeer Hamdy, Nevien Darwish, “A Framework for Semantic Map Construction”, International journal of Computer Science Issues, IJCSI Volume 9, Issue 5, pp.206-215, September 2012.
6. Basem Ibrahim, Abeer Hamdy, Nevien Darwish, “Textual Signs Reading for Indoor Semantic Map Construction”, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) (IJCA), Volume 53, No.10, pp. 36-43, September 2012.
7. Ahmed Youssef, Abeer Hamdy, Reda Ammar, “ Efficient Processing Power Utilization to Improve scheduling Real Time Tasks”, International journal of Computer Science Issues ( IJCSI), Volume 9, Issue 5, pp.196-205, September 2012.
8. Abeer Hamdy, Reda Ammar, Ahmed Youssef “Real-Time Workload Allocation on a Uni-Processor” International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) (IJCA), Volume 53, No.12,pp. 17- 24, September 2012.
9. Aziza Zaki, Osama Arafa,Sanaa Amer, Abeer Hamdy, “Mobile Robot Positioning Using Odometry and Ultrasonic Sensors”, Journal of Cybernetics and Informatics, Volume 13,pp. 40-53, July 2012.
10. Abeer Hamdy, “Scheduling real-time indivisible loads with special resource allocation requirements on cluster computing”, Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, volume 8, Number 5 , pp.34-39,2010.
11. Reda Ammar, Abeer Hamdy and Ahmed Youssef, “Efficient Execution of Real-Time Tasks on a Single Processor”, International Journal of Intelligent Computing and Information Sciences, Ain Shams University, Vol.9, No.2, July 2009.
12. Abeer Hamdy, Hana Kamal, Ashraf Abdelwahab, “Learning and coordinating fuzzy behaviors for mobile robot using GA”, The scientific bulletin of the faculty of engineering, Ain Shams university, Egypt, Dec.2002.
1. Darshan P., Ratan G. and Hamdy A., “Defending Bit Torrent against Strategic Attacks”, Technical Report, University of Central Florida, 2007.