- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Room: G/102
- Education History:
- PhD in Computer and Mathematical Sciences, Tohoku University, Japan, 2005-2009.
- M.Sc. in Computer and Information Sciences, Faculty of Computer and Information Sciences, Ain Shams University, Egypt, 1998-2002.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science and Mathematical Statistics, Faculty of Sciences, Ain Shams University, Egypt, 1993-1997.
- Egyptian High School, Collège de la Salle (Frère) French school, Cairo, Egypt, 1993
Dr. Ahmed is a full-time associate professor in Computer Science department, faculty of Informatics and Computer Science, BUE, since October 2013.
Before that, he was assistant lecturer and then lecturer in the Faculty of Computer and Information Sciences, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt.
- Fields of Interest:
His major is modeling and simulation, and his researches cover supporting VoIP applications over wired & wireless networks, network coding & Ad-Hoc routing protocols. Currently, he is focusing on Cloud Computing and big data analysis. He has published over 30 referred technical papers in these areas. He is a member of the IEEE.
- Projects Supervised:
1) Interactive Mobile-Based Touristic Guide. 2) QR-Code for Medication Leaflet. 3) Web-Based IDE. 4) Mobile-Based Arabic Text To Speech Application. 5) Play by Air. 6) Real-time Vehicle Fleet Management and Tracking System. 7) I-Observe. 8) Mobile-Based Wireless Controller 9) Pad-Based Teacher Assistant
1) Maria Salama and Ahmed Shawish, “Junosphere: Towards Professional Networks Education,” in Proc.37th Annual Int. Computer Software & Applications Conference (COMPSAC 2013), Kyoto, Japan, July 2013.
2) Maria Salama and Ahmed Shawish, “A Comprehensive Mobile-Based Companion for Diabetes Management,” in Proc. 7th WSEAS European Computing Conference (ECC 2013), Dubrovnik, Croatia, June 2013.
3) Mohamed Osama and Ahmed Shawish, “Enhanced Network Coding Scheme for Efficient Multicasting in Ad-Hoc Networks,” in Proc. 7th WSEAS European Computing Conference (ECC 2013), Dubrovnik, Croatia, June 2013.
4) Maria Salama, Ahmed Shawish, Amir Zeid and Xiaohong Jiang, “A Novel QoS-Based Framework for Cloud Computing Service Provider Selection,” (to appear) in ELSEVIER Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 2013.
5)Maria Salama, Ahmed Shawish and Amir Zeid, “A Generic Framework for Modeling and Simulation of Cloud Computing Services,” (to appear) in International Journal of Computer Applications (IJCA), September 2013.
6) Maria Salama and Ahmed Shawish, “Libraries: from the Classical to Cloud-Based Era,” in International Journal of Digital Library Systems (IJDLS), July 2013.
7)Ahmed Shawish and Maria Salama, “Cloud Computing: Paradigms and Technologies,” in Inter-Cooperative Collective Intelligence: Techniques and Applications (Studies in Computational Intelligence), N. Bessis, F. Xhafa, D. Varvarigou, R. Hill and M. Li, Eds. Springer, July 2013 (http://www.springer.com/engineering/computational+intelligence+and+complexity/book/978-3-642-35015-3).