The SSLC is a forum where staff and students meet together for constructive discussion and consultation about the degree programme and any other matters relevant to the quality of the students’ academic experience.
The Head of Department chairs the SSLC and the Committee includes academic staff from the Department and two student representatives from each year of the programme. The SSLC meets at least once each semester.
The SSLC enables students and staff to:
· Discuss matters raised by students including areas of strength and potential areas for development.
· Discuss matters on which the Department wishes to seek student views and share its perspectives with the students.
· Identify key processes and deadlines which students must be aware of.
· Consider the outcome of student evaluations of the programme and modules as well as the Department’s response to them.
· Comment on proposals for new programmes and modules and changes to the existing programme and modules.
Guidelines for Student Representatives on SSLC
SSLC Committee for Economics 2018 – 2019