Welcome to the Faculty of Dentistry's website that introduces our appointed academic staff and associate and adjunct members involved in research. As evidence based dentistry can only advance with a commitment to research, the Faculty of Dentistry is committed to continuously developing and improving its research and teaching programs related to oral health. Researchers within our faculty investigate a broad range of important oral health issues at both the clinical and basic science levels.
- Tarek Abbas; Layla Omara; Nevine Alaa and Hesham Elhawary, Nov 2014. The assessment of the use of tooth ash as a graft material in bony defects after cyst enculation. Egyptian Dental Journal EDA, Nov 2014.
- Tarek Abbas Hassan,Marwa Sayed and Hatem Abd EL-Rahman, Jan 2014. The effect of pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) on management of temporomandibular joint internal derangement. Egyptian Dental Journal EDA Vol. 60, 321:328, January, 2014.
- Tarek Abbas Hassan,Mahmoud Mohsen El Arini, Hatem abdel Rahman Mostafa, Mouchira Abdellatef Dahba and Hesham El Hawary, Jan 2014. Clinical outcome of immediate non functional loaded implants; immediate versus delayed immediate implantation. Egyptian Dental Journal EDA, Vol. 60, 345:354, January, 2014.
- Tarek Abbas Hassan,Waheed Abdel Hamid Mohamed and Dalia Abdel Khalek Radwan, Jan2014. Management of maxillofacial fractures in Cairo educational Hospitals (A prospective study).Egyptian Dental Journal EDA, Vol. 60, 373:381, January, 2014.
- Gamal M. Moutamed, Jan 2014. Effects of local tramadol administration for surgical extraction of impacted mandibular third molar. Egyptian Dental Journal EDA, Vol. 60, 313:320, January, 2014.
- Gamal M. Moutamed and Islam T. Abbas, Apr.2014. acceleration of orthodontic tooth movement by alveolar corticotomy using piezosurgery.Egyptian Dental Journal EDA, Vol. 60, 2157:2165, April, 2014.
- Gamal M. Moutamed and Hussein Hatem, Jul 2014. Surgical ankyloses as a sequel of condylar fracture in adults.Egyptian Dental Journal EDA,Vol. 60, 3595:3601, July, 2014.
- Rizk F.N. and Abdelhaleam E.A. radiographic evaluation of accuracy of surgical stent for implant placement in knife edge posterior mandibular ridge in cases of ridge splitting. E.D.J. Vol. 60, No. 3, 2014Rizk F.N. Effect of two different attachments on the supporting structures and masticatory capacity of implant retained mandibular overdenture. E.D.J. Vol. 60, No. 2, 2014.
- Rizk F.N. and Taha E.R. Radiographic evaluation of marginal bone levels around platform-switched implants and non-platform-switched implants immediately loaded to support mandibular overdenture. E.D.J. Vol. 59, No. 2, 2013.
- Rizk F.N. Comparative evaluation of two different castable bar attachments in implant retained mandibular overdenture cases. E.D.J. Vol. 59, No. 3, 2013.
- Attia AS, Khalil MA, Azzazy, HM and Hashem AG, (2014). A sensitive coloimetric assay for identification of acinetobacter baumannii using unmodified gold nanoparticles. Journal of Applied Microbiology. 2014 May 19. doi: 10.1111/jam.12546. [Epub ahead of print]
- Abd El Wahed, S. M., El-Hossary, N. M., Abd El-Ghani, S. F. and Elsayed, A. M., 2014. Assessment of DNA Content by Flow Cytometry and Immunohistochemical Expression of BUBR1 in Oral Epithelial Dysplastic Lesions. Egyptian Dental Journal, 30.
- Samah M. Fathy and Ibrahim Y. AddelkaderPhosphorylated neurofilament protein in brain cortex of rat model for Parkinson's disease (2014), in press
S.Kabil and K. El Sakaty: Examination of Logistics Key Performance indicators in Healthcare. November 2014.
- S.Kabil, M.Yousry and A.Harhash: Microhardness and Adaptation of Bulk fill resin composites. August 2014.
- Salah HT. The wear of human enamel against translucent zirconia and lithium disilicate, (2014).
- Adel A, 2013 - Presented an abstract in the 101ST FDI Annual World Dental Congress, Istanbul, 28-31 August 2013; Abstract title: Somatosensory Evoked Potential to Assess Neurosensory disturbance following Removal of Third Molars.
- Bahaa MM et al., (2013). The effect of combining corticosteroids and hyaluronic acid following temporomandibular joint arthrocentesis. Cairo Dental Journal 29; 3: 1-9.
- El Kholy M et al., (2012). The life span of different nickel titanium rotary instruments in either rotary or reciprocating motion using single file root canal preparation technique. EDJ. Vol. 58, 1877-1885.
- Attia AS, Psoter presenter in the 114th General Meeting of the American Society for Microbiology, Boston, USA. May 2014. Title of the poster: "Development and Optimization of a Simple and Economic System for the Screening of Mycobacterial Isocitrate Lyase Inhibitors".
- Attia AS, Principal invastigator on a psoter presentation in the 114th General Meeting of the American Society for Microbiology, Boston, USA. May 2014. Title of the poster: "Acinetobacter baumannii Type Two Secretion System; Unique Genetic Arrangement and Potential Role in Virulence". Presensted by Noha Elhossieny, MSc.
- Attia AS, Principal invastigator on a psoter presentation in the virtual psoter symposoium of the American Collage of Clinical Pharamcy. May 2014. Title of the poster: "The Effect of α1-antitrypsin Deficiency and Bacterial Loads on the Efficacy of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Pharmacotherapy in Egyptian Patients". Presensted by Marwa Elhenawy.
- Attia AS, Oral presenster in the 2nd International Conference on Biotechnology and Enviromental Safety, organized by the National Research Center, Giza Egypt. May 2014. Title of the talk: "Merging Medical Informatics and Biotechnology to Design a Global Acinetobacter baumannii Vaccine".
- Attia AS, Oral presenster in the 5th Faculty of Pharmacy Cairo Univeristy international conference. Cairo, Egypt. April 2014. Title of the talk: "Cutting-edge technologies and molecular approaches for exploring microbial targets in quest for new antimicrobials".
- Attia AS, Principal invastigator on a psoter presentation in the TWAS/BioVision Alexandria.NXT 2014, Alexandria, Egypt. April 2014. Title of the poster: "Polymorphisms in Genes Encoding Drugs Metabolizing Enzymes among Egyptian Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Patients". Presensted by Noha Elhosseiny, M.Sc
- Attia AS, Co-author on a psoter presentation in the TWAS/BioVision Alexandria.NXT 2014, Alexandria, Egypt. April 2014. Title of the poster: "Genetic and Phenotypic Characterization of Moraxella catarrhalis strains isolated from Egyptian otitis media children". Presensted by Sally Atef
- Attia AS, Oral presentation in the 58th International Meeting of the Egyptian Society of Clinical Chemistry, Cairo, Egypt. November, 2013. Title of the talk: "Molecular and Genetic Approaches for Exploring Microbial Virulence in Quest for Novel Therapeutic Targets"
- Effect of one piece versus two piece mini implant on bone height and biting forces of implant retained mandibular overdenture.
- Effect of single versus multiple files retreatment concepts on canal curvature and surface topography of the used files.
- Effect of zirconium mucosal inserts on the supporting structures of maxillary overdentures.
- The effect of different occlusal preparation designs on the fracture resistance of two all ceramic crowns restoring endodonticaly treated teeth.
- The effect of different occlusal preparation designs on internal fit and marginal adaptation of two all-ceramic crowns restoring endodontically treated teeth.
- Microhardness and Adaptation of Bulk fill resin composites.
- Potentiality of hard tissue formation after application of stem cells in furcation perforation.
- Effect of different scaling methods on surface roughness, color stability, translucency and bacterial accumulation of lithium disilicate ceramic.
- Evaluation of Resin Nanoceramic material surface roughness, translucency, color stability, and bacterial adhesion after using different scaling methods.
- Effect of surface retreatment on the remineralizing efficiency of different remineralizating agents.
- Effect of telescopic crown, magnetic crown attachment and RPI clasp on the supporting structures for lower kennedy class I dentures.
- Effect of epidermal growth factor on the submandibular salivary glands of streptozotocin induced diabetic rats.
- Effect of pre- and post bleaching on resin infiltrated enamel lesions.
- Management of mandibular condylar fractures: a systematic review of jaw function in open versus closed treatment.
- Evaluation of single file concept in retreatment of endodontically treated teeth.