Mission:
The programme is structured to enable students to develop relevant knowledge and skills in relation to Egyptian, Englishand International legal contexts. The programme is taught and assessed in both English and Arabic. With regards to theUK validated award approximately 60% of the curriculum, including all final year (Level 6) modules, is taught and assessedin English whilst the remaining elements of the curriculum, 40% across modules in Degree Years 1 and 2 (Levels 4 and 5),is taught in Arabic.Students in the Faculty study in an environment that encourages diversity and innovation. Staff are not just academicexperts in their fields but often have ‘real life’ practical experience, which they bring to their subjects, as well as closecontacts with the ‘world of work’. Students in the Faculty learn not just, ‘what to think but how to think’.

FAQ

why study law at the BUE?
You will benefit from the UK approach to Higher Education. Graduates from UK programmes typically exhibit:
• the ability to think creatively and with strong problem solving skills;
• high level key and transferable skill sets;
• an independently maintained high level of professional and subject specific as well as general technical competence;
• the ability to consider problems at a high level (i.e. to see the big picture);
• diligence and ethical working practices;
• flexibility and the ability to apply their subject-specific knowledge to fields outside their own;
• Communicative skills in Arabic and English;

Strategic advantage:
The programme is the first dual degree in law in Egypt. The British and Egyptian degree in legal studies will be the modelto follow for other faculties of law. Cairo is the decision-making centre of the country and home to key institutions in the Middle East. Students will enjoy this benefit as well as the quality of faculty resources, research facilities and employmentopportunities. A unique programme in the Middle-EastThe Faculty of Law, with its British Egyptian Law degree, provides the opportunity for students to acquire a dual legaltraining in Arabic and English. It equips them to face the challenges inherent in globalisation, and it is a significantemployability asset.

Professional training:
The Faculty of Law prepares its students to meet the professional requirements of Law in Egypt and the Middle East. It alsoprovides opportunities for summer training and internships.

How will you learn and be assessed?
Teaching involves a mix of lectures, tutorials, group work, private study and practical activities. Assessment involves submitting coursework, sitting exams, presentations and projects. Students are also encouraged to obtain internships

Career and opportunities:
Opportunities are very extensive in the field of Law. There are numerous avenues you could follow, most with attractive salaries. 
Typically, law graduates start their legal careers in junior positions, regardless of whether they have completed undergraduate or postgraduate study in law.
 Graduates can follow careers in the public functions including: 
• Legal jobs in the state including but not limited to: Agent of the Attorney General, Council of State, State Lawyer and Judge.
 Graduates can also follow careers in law firms including:
• A Plaintiff Attorney
• Corporate Lawyer 
• Contract Negotiator 
• Claims Examiner Graduates with a law degree can also find positions working in the fields of finance, business, marketing, administration (as Legal Assistant, for example), research, publishing, editing, law recruitment, or in the library or IT department of a large law firm.
They can also follow a career in legal departments in enterprises and in the banking sector. Graduates may also have alternative legal careers that benefit from the knowledge and skills gained during study for a law degree. These include: 
• Teaching law 
• Becoming an instructor in a legal trainee programme 
• Becoming a legal career advisor/consultant within a law school 
• Writing for law journals and magazines • Working in the administration department of a law school,
• Going into government positions as a legal analyst, 
• Working in government , becoming a diplomat, or going into international relations 
• Communications and entertainment roles 
• Research and reporting roles